Homecoming is one of the most exciting times of the year! We are thrilled to provide our students with a full week of activities this year. I'm pleased to share some precautionary measures to help ensure that our students are safe so that they can experience a homecoming celebration that they deserve. Below are a few safety measures that the York administration is supporting to ensure that all students remain safe and healthy during our homecoming celebration week.
- Our Homecoming Pep Assembly will take place outside, in our stadium, on Friday, September 24 at the end of the school day.
- York's Homecoming celebration, Once Upon a Time, is scheduled for Saturday, September 25 from 7PM-10PM. We will utilize our fieldhouse and circle drive for indoor and outdoor activities. Weather permitting, dancing will be allowed outside only. Games and activities will be organized in the fieldhouse similar to our prom event.
- Outside guests will be allowed at our Homecoming celebration. York students can pick up a guest form in the Student Services office.
- Students and staff will be required to wear face coverings while inside the building during the Homecoming event.
- Ticket sales will begin on Wednesday, September 15 in the bookstore for $20. Tickets can also be purchased at the door for $25.
- Italian Ice from Kona Ice will be served outside (no extra cost for students.)
We look forward to an exceptional week celebrating with the entire York community!
Finally, continue to encourage your student to reach out to their teacher or counselor if they are struggling academically or emotionally. We are committed to supporting our students so that they can have a successful school year!