YMB Board Members
We are pleased to announce the 2022-23 YMB BOARD!
PRESIDENT: Anne Olson
SECRETARY: Katie Bryk
TREASURER: Sara Jensen
ESCROW / ASST TREASURER: Lisa Pingel
MEMBERSHIP (+Eat n Earns): Mary Young
GREENS SALE, CO-CHAIRS: Nancy Flanagan & *Leslie Van Meir
MEMBER-AT-LARGE: *Julie Vacko
SCHOLARSHIPS / GRANTS: Julie McNichols
UNIFORMS CO-CHAIRS: Denise Steinbrecher & *JeNyce Lopez
HOSPITALITY / RECEPTIONS (+Enrichment funding): Allison Magner
CONCERT HOSTS (+Concerto Member Raffle): *Lisa Hartlage
COMMUNICATIONS / PUBLICITY CO-CHAIRS: Jenn Toffler & *Tim Anderson
FUNDRAISING CHAIR: *Kay Boychuk
YMB GEAR CO-CHAIRS: Lisa Pingel and *Julie Vacko
* Welcome to our new board members for 2022-23!
- Run monthly meetings - develop an agenda and keep things on task at the meetings.
- Make sure that tasks done by the other Board members are handled in a timely manner and help out at events whenever needed.
- Give a speech at the Collage Concert.
- Coordinate York Music Boosters representation, as needed, at York events (8th Grade Activity Night, York Book Sale days, etc.) or with other York organizations/committees.
- Keep things running smoothly and troubleshoot any problems which may arise during the school year.
- Take and distribute the monthly York Music Boosters meeting minutes.
- Maintain historical York Music Boosters records.
- Maintain bylaws.
- Responsible for all financial transactions (write all checks and deposit all funds) for York Music Boosters.
- Keep Excel records up-to-date.
- Prepare bi-monthly Cash Flow report and present York Music Boosters board meetings.
- Prepare annual Budget and update as necessary.
- Prepare annual Financial Transaction report for our tax preparer. Coordinate with tax preparer for our tax filing on 2-15.
- Track participation in annual band, choir and orchestra trips. This includes picking up checks from York High School, preparing list of all participants, depositing checks in our bank, writing checks to all vendors, transferring funds between general and escrow accounts as necessary, coordinating with Escrow treasurer, communicating with trip organizers on a regular basis.
- Prepare for and participate in annual audit.
- Send checks to all scholarship recipients with appropriate congratulatory letter.
- Maintain the Student Account balance records.
- Make students aware of their balances prior to trip payments (via York Music Boosters website).
- Co-ordinate with Treasurer and Greens Sale to provide additions (Greens Sale) or subtractions (Trips) to Student Account balances.
- Roll forward Student Account balances and inform Treasurer of forfeited account balances to transfer into the General York Music Boosters fund.
- Organize the distribution of the Patron/Volunteer Forms in the summer York mailing, if applicable. Ensure that the Patron/Volunteer information is on the District 205 Web Store registration well before the end of the school year.
- Collect Patron/Volunteer Forms (physically, or from District 205 Web Store registration). Coordinate with York office.
- Deposit all Patron money with the York Music Boosters Treasurer.
- Maintain current Patron listing and statistics through the school year. Ensure that the Concert Tickets Officer has a current Patron listing before each concert.
- Organize printing and sorting of Patron items.
- Organize volunteers for the distribution of Patron items at the Collage Concert. Organize the logistics (set-up) with York staff. Remaining Patron items to be held for distribution at the first Orchestra/Band Concerts of the year.
- Assemble a master listing of parent volunteers based on the Patron/Volunteer Forms submitted either physically or through the District 205 Web Store registration. Distribute the detailed volunteer information (spreadsheet) to York Music Boosters officers as early as possible. Each officer will organize volunteers for their own needs (uniforms, tickets, patron passes, hospitality, greens, etc.) using the assembled master volunteer list.
- Maintain on-line order sheets and some paper copies and distribute them to students.
- Collect orders and tabulate in the Excel Greens Sale spreadsheets.
- Coordinate all order and vendor payments with the Treasurer.
- Manage vendor order delivery and student order pickup day. Organize volunteers for delivery and pick-up day assistance.
Scholarships and Grants:
- Manage the promotion and advertising of grant/scholarship applications.
- Receive applications and present to board for approval.
- Coordinate year-end department award payments to students.
- Step in where needed within the organization to ensure events and activities run smoothly and successfully.
- Overall organization responsibility of beverages, snacks, paper goods, and volunteers for four concert receptions during the school year:
- Collage Concert (entire music and dance departments, usually happens early in the school year). For example:
- Lemonade made by YMB volunteers
- Baked goods donated by parents
- Volunteers help with set-up and service.
- May - Three separate receptions for spring Chorus, Symphony Orchestra, and Symphonic Band concerts recognizing graduating seniors. For example:
- Lemonade made by YMB volunteers
- Cakes ordered from the York Cafeteria
- Volunteers help with set-up and service
- Organize/sort the formal orchestra/band uniforms, by size, in the uniform room at the beginning of the school year.
- Work with band/orchestra teachers to set uniform distribution and collection dates. Distribution typically happens after the Collage Concert. Collection happens at or after the spring concerts. Work with Communications/Publicity Chair to promote.
- Organize volunteers to staff the distribution and collection dates.
- Keep track of uniform assignments, by student.
- Bring to Music Director's attention any jackets/pant sizes that require replacement or additions (Gentleman's Quarters, Elmhurst).
- Music staff handles the pick-up of uniforms by the cleaning company (Verlare Cleaners).
- Note: Marching Band and Choir handle their own distribution/collection of uniforms.
- Organize volunteers to distribute programs at all Performing Arts Department performances (Orchestra, Band, Jazz Band, Choir and Dance) as well as all specially sponsored Performing Arts Department events.
- Set up information table in the lobby or other greeting area.
- Create monthly/as-needed YMB Newsletter. Solicit news items from Performing Arts teachers, plus keep an eye out for any other newsworthy items happening in our community involving York students or of-interest to York families.
- Maintain the band, orchestra, choir, music production, dance mailing list.
- Maintain the "Friends & Family" mailing list.
- Maintain and update the York Music Boosters website.
- Maintain and update the YMB Facebook and Instagram accounts.
- Create flyers and other promotional materials as needed.
- Send targeted emails to Performing Arts families as needed.
- develop ideas for events and campaigns that raise funds for York Music Boosters and its mission of supporting the Performing Arts program and students.
- lead work of implementing York Music Boosters' various fundraising efforts and campaigns.
- coordinate work of York Music Boosters with other groups to raise funds for a new piano at York High School.
- develop ideas for the sale of clothes and/or other items to support the work of York Music Boosters and to raise recognition of York's Performing Arts program and students.
- lead efforts to sell York Music Boosters' clothes and/or other items.