YMB organizes several fundraisers throughout the school year to support York's performing arts students. Money raised from YMB memberships and fundraisers directly benefit band, orchestra, choir, music production, and dance students.
Your dollars support:
Summer music camp scholarships
Year-end department awards
Fine Arts Week
York Album Project
Student field trips/travel (See more on the Student Escrow page)
- Holiday Greens Sale (9/27/22 - 10/27/22) *escrow fundraiser*
- Lou Malnati's Frozen Pizza Coupons *escrow fundraiser*
- Community Cleanup Event (Information for 2022 coming soon)
- Eat and Earn Events *general fundraiser*
2022 GREENS SALE
Each year, York Performing Arts students (primarily choir, band and orchestra) sell beautiful, high-quality holiday wreaths and centerpieces delivered just in time for Thanksgiving. This sale has become something that friends, family and neighbors look forward to each year! Profits from the sale are held in individual student escrow accounts and used for future music department trips and travel. Sellers typically earn up to 30% on each item sold. (Click here for more info about student escrow.) Participation in the sale is optional.
Contact Nancy Flanagan if you have any questions.
Seller Instructions are below.
Don't know a Performing Arts student, but still want to support the program by purchasing greens? Click here.
SELLER INSTRUCTIONS - 2022
Sale Dates: September 27 - October 27
Order Forms Due: October 27
Pick Up Greens: November 19 (9-11 a.m.)
HERE'S HOW IT WORKS:
- Print the Order Form and Greens Sale Brochure. Print additional Order Forms if necessary. List orders on the Order Form.
- Collect payment from customers when they order. Checks should be made payable to York Music Parents Associations or YMPA. The payment you submit with your order will only be accepted in check form. Cash will not be accepted.
- Check the Order Form for accuracy, then record order totals on the Google Form.
- Place completed order form and money (checks only, no cash) in an envelope clearly labeled with student's name.
- Drop off the completed envelope to 165 Geneva, Elmhurst, by October 27. There is a locked dropbox located on the porch off the driveway. Be sure to keep a copy of the order form for your records.
- Pick up the greens on Saturday, November 19, between 9 and 11 a.m., in the locker rooms at the south end of the football field. Deliver the greens to customers right away!
How much will a student earn in escrow for each item sold? Check out this itemized list.
If you have any questions or would like to help out with the Greens Sale, please contact Nancy Flanagan at 312-632-9061 or email@example.com.
New information for 2022 coming soon
Performing Arts students (primarily Band, Orchestra, Choir) are selling coupons for Frozen Lou Malnati's Take Home pizzas. Each coupon sells for $13. Students will earn $5 in escrow on each coupon sale. They can use the escrow money to help offset the costs of future school-sponsored trips/travel, including the 2022 Band trip to New Orleans, and 2022 Orchestra overnight trip to Madison.
- Each coupon is good for one 9” frozen Deep Dish pizza (cheese, sausage, pepperoni, or spinach ONLY) to be picked up by customers at any Lou Malnati’s location, including Arizona and Indiana, and Wisconsin. Good for 6 months, the expiration date will be at the bottom of the coupon. At this time, a gluten free option is not available with the coupons.
- Coupons may be used for a frozen heart shape pizza during holiday season upon availability and depending what is in stock at that location.
- COUPONS ARE NOT VALID FOR SHIPPING FROZEN DEEP DISH PIZZAS. They must be brought into the store for frozen pizza pickup.
- Coupons cannot be used toward other food items or toward shipping.
Seller Instructions - 2021:
Sale Dates: November 7 - 30
Order Form and Money Due: November 30, Drop at 167 E. Fremont Ave
Online Google Form Due: November 30
Pick Up Coupons: Mid-December, Sellers will be notified of time/location for pickup
HERE'S HOW IT WORKS:
- Print the Order Form.
- Record orders on the printed Order Form and COLLECT PAYMENT FROM CUSTOMERS WHEN THEY ORDER. Checks should be made payable to: York Music Parents Association or YMPA. The payment you submit with your order will only be accepted in check form. Cash will not be accepted.
- By November 30:
- Make a copy of the final printed Order Form.
- Complete the online Google Form.
- Place copy of the printed Order Form and money (checks only, no cash) in an envelope clearly labeled with student's name.
- Drop envelope to 167 E. Fremont Ave. There will be a dropbox on the porch.
- Pick up coupons in mid-December. You will be notified where/when to pick them up.
- Deliver coupons immediately upon receiving them in December.
- Customers can use the coupons for take-home frozen pizza at any Lou Malnati's location. Coupons expire in six months.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about this fundraiser.
Learn more about student escrow.
Congrats and thank you to the 50 students who participated in the 2021 fundraiser! Students collected donations for the cleanup work they did at sites all over Elmhurst, including York, Plunkett Park, downtown, the hospital grounds, Bryan, Hawthorne, Wilder Park, and Elmhurst University. Funds help offset costs of the 2022 New Orleans trip. Special thank you to the students who were not able to attend the trip, but still participated in the fundraiser in order to help fellow band members. And, BIG THANKS to band director Mike Pavlik for organizing this event!
Details from the 2021 Community Cleanup Event
This is a fundraising opportunity for band students! Funds generated from this event will be used to help offset the cost of the 2022 Spring Band Trip to Memphis and New Orleans.
Here's a description of the fundraiser from Mike Pavlik, Director of Bands:
On Saturday, Oct. 16th from 9:00 a.m. to Noon, interested York Band Students are invited to be part of a Community Cleanup Event.
Students need to bring their own gloves and dress appropriately for collecting trash.
Bags are provided for trash collection.
Students meet at the main parking lot at York High School at 8:45 a.m. on Saturday, Oct. 16th.
Groups of students will be sent to several public spaces in Elmhurst to pick up garbage and recyclables from those areas.
Mr. Pavlik will deliver groups of students to specific cleanup areas and back to York via a Dist. 205 bus.
Pickup trucks will collect filled bags and deliver them to appropriate trash and recycling receptacles.
Two weeks prior to the event, students are invited to solicit donations from family and friends for the work that they will provide on Oct. 16th.
An individualized web-based fundraising site will be used to facilitate the donation collection. Here's an example.
Your individualized donation website will be available to you to use on Oct. 4th.
All donations collected through these sites will be routed into individual York Music Booster Student Escrow Accounts.
If you'd like more information about the York Music Booster organization, here's a link to the website.
Pizza will be provided for all participants after the fundraising event in the York parking lot at 12:15.
If you'd like to participate, simply fill out this Google Form and reserve 3 hours of your time from 9:00 to noon on Saturday, Oct. 16th.
If you'd like to participate in the fundraiser and direct all of your donations to help students in need, GREAT! A separate website will be generated to accept donations for that purpose. Please chat with me about this option and I will direct you to that website.
Parents! If you would like to help on the day of the fundraiser, please fill out this form.
YMB holds several "Eat and Earn" events throughout the year in conjunction with local restaurants and shops. Dates are announced through the YMB website, Facebook page, and through email. "Eat and Earn" partners often require that a minimum dollar amount be reached before proceeds can be shared with YMB. Please support these events when you see them pop up!