York Music Boosters
WHO WE ARE
York Music Boosters are family, friends, and community members who support Performing Arts music students by:
- Funding grants and scholarships
- Administering individual student escrow accounts to help offset music department trip/travel costs
- Managing formal uniform distribution and collection
- Providing volunteer ushers for concerts
- Hosting concert receptions
- Providing additional funding and assistance as needed, i.e. Fine Arts Week, instrument purchases, guest musicians, etc
Note: We're also known as York Music Parents Association (YMPA)
York Music Booster Board Meetings for 2020 are as follows. All are welcome to attend these meetings and hear first hand about upcoming things this organization is working on.
- Happy Holidays to all. Please consider one of your gifts this year to become a member of York Music Boosters! This organization does so much to promote music at York and your donation can go a long way. Please see attached flyer for more information. Click here
Thank you to all that participated in the Eat and Earn at Portillo's on 12/5 - together we raised approximately $200!
Our next Eat & Earn opportunity is February 19, 4-8pm at Chipotle on Rte 83 and St Charles. Click here to access the flyer with all of the information in English. Click here to access the flyer in Spanish.
- Congratulations 2019 ILMEA Selectees! The Illinois Music Education Association offers a district festival experience for elementary through senior high students in Illinois. This includes general music events, band, chorus, jazz and orchestra ensembles. More than 30 York students were recently selected for ILMEA. Each of these students had winning auditions in District 1, which is one of the most competitive districts in the state of Illinois. Students auditioned from over 75 different schools for the opportunity to go on to participate in the All-District Festival in November. Top scoring musicians may then continue on to be considered for All-State honors which involve a three day trip to Peoria, IL in January 2020.
Concerto Results - Congratulations to all York musicians who auditioned! This year's winners are Caitlin Forbes (cello) and Lauren Makinney (bass). Liz Yu (violin) earned an Honorable Mention. Caitlin and Lauren will perform accompanied by the York Symphony Orchestra during the school year. Next auditions will be in September 2020. Again, congratulations to all!
Become a Member of YMB: Your dollars help us in our mission to boost the music program at York. Choose one of three different membership levels and show your support!
Upcoming York Performing Arts Programs
12/24, 6pm - Instrumentalists and singers meet in York parking lot for Christmas Eve Caroling in College View! All are welcome!
Check back to see more exciting things happening in January and February!