York Music Boosters
WHO WE ARE
York Music Boosters are family, friends, and community members who support Performing Arts music students by:
- Funding grants and scholarships
- Administering individual student escrow accounts to help offset music department trip/travel costs
- Managing formal uniform distribution and collection
- Providing volunteer ushers for concerts
- Hosting concert receptions
- Providing additional funding and assistance as needed, i.e. Fine Arts Week, instrument purchases, guest musicians, etc
Note: We're also known as York Music Parents Association (YMPA)
We have a few spots available on next years Board - Newsletter and Mattress Sale Coordinator. If you think you might be interested, please read a description about each position below. Let us know if you would like to join this FUN committee! We would love to have you!
- Coordinate with York Staff and the mattress sale representative for this sale that will happen October 2020. * Note: The Mattress Sale company handles the majority of the logistics for this sale event.
- Promote and Advertise the sale well ahead of the October date.
- Secure a few volunteers for the day of the event.
- The Newsletter is delivered on an as-needed basis, usually monthly.
- Solicit news items from Performing Arts teachers, plus keep an eye out for any other newsworthy items happening in our community involving York students or of interest to York families
- Work with YMB President to produce the newsletter.
Have you seen the video Emily Walker put together showcasing the cast from Jesus Christ Superstar? Click here to view what was sure to be an amazing show. Such talent at York!
- To read the May Newsletter, click here. The newsletter is sent to all band, orchestra and choir families. Didn't receive it? Check your "junk mail" or contact Jenn Toffler.
- In the market for a good night sleep? Save the date for York Music Boosters annual Mattress Sale - October 3, 2020. Brand name mattresses, pillows, sheets and more will be available for purchase in the Commons. Students can earn escrow money through this sale! Check out our Fundraisers page for more information.
Performances and other activities are currently on hold. Please check back at a later date to see where your help might be needed.
Volunteer to Usher: We need concert ushers to help throughout the year. Contact Joanna Gusich if you have any questions.
Help with End of Year Concert Receptions: We need people to set up, serve, and clean up after our concert receptions. Contact Michelle Maiers if you have any questions.
Become a Member of YMB: Your dollars help us in our mission to boost the music program at York. Choose one of three different membership levels and show your support!
IN THE KNOW...
- To view the YMB May newsletter click here.
- YMB Newsletter (2019-20), published as needed: Sep, Oct, Nov, Feb, Mar, April
- What's the difference between Elmhurst Music Boosters (EMB) and York Music Boosters (YMB)?
- What is ILMEA?
- Music Camps
- Youth Opportunities
- College resource list (Click link and find a downloadable list on the left side of the screen)