York Music Boosters
WHO WE ARE
York Music Boosters are family, friends, and community members who support Performing Arts music students by:
- Funding grants and scholarships
- Administering individual student escrow accounts to help offset music department trip/travel costs
- Managing formal uniform distribution and collection
- Providing volunteer ushers for concerts
- Hosting concert receptions
- Providing additional funding and assistance as needed, i.e. Fine Arts Week, instrument purchases, guest musicians, etc
Note: We're also known as York Music Parents Association (YMPA)
CONGRATULATIONS to all students who applied, prepared and performed for this year's Concerto / Aria Competition!
The 2020 winners are:
Rose Menichini, alto saxophone (Alexander Glazounov - Saxophone Concerto)
Liz Yu, violin (Camille Saint-Saens – Concerto No. 3 in B Minor, Op. 61, Mvt. III)
Johanna Johnsen, violin and Tessa Olson, viola (W. A. Mozart – Sinfonia Concertante, Mvt. I)
When or if possible, winners will perform accompanied by members of the York Symphony Orchestra, or may be featured or acknowledged in another way.
The next Concerto / Aria competition will be in September, 2021.
Thank you for your support of these students and the York Music Department!
To read the latest Newsletter from York Music Boosters, click here. This September newsletter is filled with lots of great content and information!
2020-21 Membership - In response to many changes to the music program and changes in our world, the YMB board has decided to suspend our membership campaign for this school year. Instead of managing and recruiting memberships, we will focus on targeted donation solicitations when/if the need arises throughout the school year. We appreciate your support! Please feel free to make a donation anytime. Your dollars will continue to fund music grants, scholarships, financial assistance to needy students, and music department initiatives.
- Summer Music! The music news didn't stop when the pandemic arrived. Check out the YMB Facebook page to learn more about:
- A virtual collaboration by musicians from York High School and Northeastern Illinois University
- York Drama/choir students being recognized by Broadway in Chicago AND the Illinois High school Musical Theatre Awards
- A pop-up front yard orchestra concert organized by one of last year's concerto competition winners
- Virtual Marching Band Camp
- Three nights celebrating York Drama's 2019-2020 Season of Empathy
- York Album Project
- ... And more
- Get connected for the 2020-21 school year! Follow and Like us on Facebook - York Music Boosters.
- Where did we leave off last school year? Check out the May newsletter. The newsletter is sent as-needed to all band, orchestra and choir families.
- Join us for an upcoming YMB board meeting! All are welcome. Fall dates are: 8/25, 9/29, 10/27, 11/24. Meetings start at 7pm and are via Zoom for now. Email for connection details.
Performances and other activities are currently on hold. Please check back at a later date to see where your help might be needed.