DRIVERS EDUCATION OFFERED OVER THE SUMMER!
Click on this link to get information about taking Driver's Education this summer at York!
If you are paying by cash or check, please print and fill out the registration form and return it with your payment to York High School. You will not be registered without payment.
This registration form is not accepted for camps; only online registration is accepted for camps.
Summer School Office
Click HERE for access to 2020 Summer School Registration and Class Summary
Click HERE for access to 2020 Summer School Brochure
Click HERE for access to 2020 Summer School General Information
By clicking HERE you are able to enter your student information in advance of the registration for summer classes which begins on Wednesday, January 22nd. This will save you time when you register on January 22nd. If you are registering more than one child make sure to pre-register each one!
Registration will open at 9:00 am on Wednesday, January 22nd for 24 hours. During this initial registration period you may only register a student for one semester class with the exception of math classes where you may register for 2 semesters. There will be no wait lists created during the first 24 hour registration period. Multiple class registrations for a single student during the initial 24 hour registration period will be voided. The 2nd registration period will open at 9:00 am on Friday, January 24th, with no restrictions. At that time you will be able to put a student's name on a wait list if the class is full.
The book store will be open Monday June 1st to Friday June 5th from 8:00 am to 1:30 pm. Summer hours are 7:15 am – 1:30 pm beginning on Monday, June 8 and continuing through Thursday, July 16 following the summer school schedule.
These are the only summer school classes that require texts :
|Auto Aupkeep: Basic Care
|Discovering Geometry: An Inv. Appr.
3rd (Geometry, Sem. 1 and 2)
Click here for Summer School GOOGLE SLIDESHOW from York 8th Grade Academic Night on December 4th, 2020. This slideshow has course offerings open to incoming freshmen.
York Community High School
2020 Summer School Courses
In speaking with families throughout the course selection process, we are often asked if summer school is necessary to be sure that they can get in all of the graduation requirements? Is summer school necessary to be able take a study hall to keep up in their freshman year? Is a study hall even necessary? In short, the answer is no: most students at York don’t take a study hall, and in taking a full schedule, students are able to meet graduation requirements. We hope that our students see summer school as an opportunity for students to achieve the following goals:
When the Summer School Brochure goes online on Wednesday, January 8th, we hope that you see opportunities for our students to explore and to reinvigorate their learning while making sure that they are able to recharge over the summer for the next academic school year. York High School's Academic Summer School Program is offered in (2) three week sessions:
Our Bridge courses offer opportunities to enrich or to accelerate skills before taking a high school course that may challenge them beyond what they perceived as their limits in middle school;
Our World Language classes offer an opportunity to explore a new language or to immerse students in a language in which they may be enrolled during the year;
Our Special Topics courses offer students the opportunity to enrich their learning in a topic that we don’t offer during the year;
Our Credit Recovery courses offer an opportunity for a student to remediate skills after challenges he/she may have had during the year, so they can stay on track for graduation.
Our Career and Technical Education courses offer opportunities for students to explore potential career paths or to enrich their lives by learning a life skill.
Students can earn a semester credit by enrolling in a three week class which meets for both periods each day or a six week class which meets for one period per day. Our 3 week "Bridge" courses meet for only one period for 3 weeks.
- Summer School course Brochure will be available online on Wednesday January 8, 2020.
- The first online registration will begin at 9:00 am on Wednesday January 22, 2020 and end on Thursday, January 23, 2020 at 9:00 am. Walk in registration (at the main office at York High School) will also be available for that 24 hour period. Students may only register for only one 3 week class (or 6 week math class) during the initial registration period. (Multiple course registrations for a single student during the initial 24 hour registration period will be voided.) There will be no waiting lists created during this initial registration period.
- A second registration period beginning on Friday, January 24, 2020 will be offered for classes that have available space. Waiting lists for specific classes will be created at this time.
- Registration for an academic course does not guarantee a space in that course nor does the inclusion of a course in this brochure guarantee that a course will be offered. Course availability is limited due to minimum and maximum class size restrictions. Course offerings are subject to change due to staffing and minimum enrollment requirements.
- Students will be contacted by May 8, 2020 to confirm class registrations or to be informed of class cancellations.
- Class confirmations and schedules will be available on Summer School PowerSchool on May 22, 2020.
First 3 Weeks: Monday, June 8- Thursday, June 25
No classes on Fridays (12 class days)
(Friday, June 26, Emergency Day)
Second 3 Weeks: Monday, June 29 - Thursday, July 16.
No classes on Fridays(12 class days)
(Friday, July 17, Emergency Day)
Full 6 Weeks: Monday, June 8 – Thursday, July 16
(Friday, June 26, July 17, Emergency Days)
Period 1: 7:40 am - 10:10 am
Period 2: 10:20 am - 12:50 pm
Theater Workshops: Monday, June 8 – Friday, July 3
6:00 pm – 9:10 pm, Monday- Friday