SUMMER SCHOOL UPDATE 4.25.22:
Attention families: SUMMER SCHOOL 2022 CHARGES for your student(s) have been loaded into PUSH COIN. This is the final step to secure the summer school course for your student(s). Payment for your course is TIME SENSITIVE. Please pay for your students’ course by Friday, April 29th. If your course(s) are not paid for BY APRIL 29th, your seat in the course will be canceled.
Please note: In some instances, more than one course per Summer Session has been charged to a student's account. If you are being charged for more classes than your student would like to take, please let us know which class you would like to enroll in by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org AND make payment for the course desired BY Friday April 29th. If your course(s) are not paid for BY Friday April 29th, you will give up your seat in the class.
SUMMER SCHOOL ENROLLMENT UPDATE: IF YOU MADE AN ENROLLMENT REQUEST IN OUR FIRST STAGE, PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAIL AS COMMUNICATIONS HAVE BEEN SENT.
Notice on Step 3 in the Enrollment Process. IN THIS STEP, ENROLLMENT IS TAKEN ON A FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO MAKE AN ENROLLMENT REQUEST, PLEASE COMPLETE THIS FORM AND SEND IT AS A PDF TO email@example.com. YOU WILL RECEIVE AN EMAIL RESPONSE THAT WILL COMMUNICATE WHETHER IF THE SEAT IS SECURED.
SUMMER SCHOOL 2022 WEBPAGE UPDATE: SCROLL THIS PAGE FOR INFORMATION ON OUR ENROLLMENT PROCESS, COURSE OFFERING BOOK, THE SUMMER SCHOOL CALENDAR, GENERAL POLICIES, AND SUMMER DRIVER EDUCATION.
WE ARE NOW IN THE ENROLLMENT PHASE OF SUMMER SCHOOL PLANNING 2022. PLEASE BE AWARE OF SUMMER SCHOOL POLICIES, ESPECIALLY THE ATTENDANCE POLICY. PLEASE DO NOT SCHEDULE FAMILY TRAVEL UNTIL AFTER THE EMERGENCY DAY FOR YOUR STUDENT'S SESSION.
IMPORTANT SUMMER SCHOOL INFORMATION
- Registration Requests:
To make a registration request, CLICK HERE. (Please note: Step 1 of the Enrollment Process has now ended, and there is a pause in the taking of enrollment requests. Registration requests will reopen when we enter Step 3, on Monday, February 21st. ). For walk-in registration requests, please print and complete this form. (Please note: walk-in registration requests are subject to the same enrollment process as online requests, and have the same potential for requiring a lottery.)
- Enrollment Process & Timeline: Before Summer School 2021, York Summer School registration was processed in a first come/first serve model with a wait list resulting in stress for families, and missed summer learning opportunities. Last year, a lottery system was added to provide flexibility for families in requesting courses, with the intention of diminishing stress for families and increasing access for students in the course registration process. The process met the stated goals, and we will be following a similar enrollment process for Summer School 2022. Significant dates in the process are listed below. (For a complete description of the Enrollment Process, please click here.)
Step 1: Open Enrollment of Registration Requests- Tuesday 1/18/22 to Tuesday 1/25/22. During this week of Open Enrollment, families provide registration requests.
Step 2: Lottery, confirmation of enrollment requests, purchasing a course - Friday 2/4/22 to Sunday 2/20/22 A lottery system will be utilized for all courses with requests exceeding available seat capacity. A message will be sent to families communicating whether a seat in a requested course has been secured, or if the student is on a wait list. Families should pay for the course as soon as possible after receiving the message.
- Step 3: Registration Reopens & Continues- Monday 2/21 at 8 am to May. Please see the notice at the top of the page for process and the correct enrollment form.
- Students can enroll in courses that have seats open.
- Summer School 2022 Schedule:
- Summer Session I: June 6th - 9th, June 13th - 16th, June 21st - June 24th.
- Summer Session II: June 27th - 30th, July 5th - 8th, July 11th - 14th. EMERGENCY DAY - July 15th.
- The school week is Monday to Thursday (with the exception of the third week of Session I and the second week of Session II. Both of these weeks are Tuesday to Friday), and the day is portioned in the following manner:
- Period 1: 7:40 - 10:10.
- Period 2: 10:20 - 12:50.
- Please do not schedule family travel until after the above posted EMERGENCY DAYS.
- Use this link to review course offerings.
- Summer School 2022 Course Offering book: Use this link to review course offerings.
- 2022 Summer School General Information & Policies: Due to the condensed nature of summer school, regular and prompt attendance is essential. Students are expected to be present and on time. Although we realize that emergencies or unexpected events happen, we cannot grant any exceptions to the attendance rules for any reason. If a student exceeds the maximum allowed absences/tardies, the student will be dropped from the class with no credit or refund given. (For a complete description of all policies, please click here.)
- In a full-year course that meets five hours per day (combined period 1 and 2) for six weeks, a student is allowed a total of two absences for the six week session.
- In a semester course that meets two hours and thirty minutes a day, a student is allowed a total of two absences per six week session.
- In a semester course that meets for five hours per day (combined periods 1 and 2) for three weeks, a student is allowed a total of one absence per three week session.
- 2022 Driver Education Information Letter: Use this link to review Driver Education Information
- Summer School and COVID: All instruction for York Summer School Programming is planned to be delivered by in-person teaching.
MORE SUMMER SCHOOL 2022 INFORMATION, INCLUDING LINKS FOR REGISTRATION REQUESTS AND MORE, WILL BE POSTED SOON.