Registration & Residency

New to District 205 and York Community High School?

To enroll a new student, we will need to see their proof of residency (please see below), and their original birth certificate. We also like to see a report card or transcript from their previous school. Other documents may be required. Please withdraw your student from their previous school before coming to York to enroll.
Please click here for our Enrollment Checklist

Please direct any questions to the front office at 630-617-2487

Thank you

Proof of Residency

For the 2024-2025 school year, parents/guardians of incoming 9th graders AND parents who require re-verification of residency (i.e. expiring lease BEFORE the start of the 2024-25 school year) must present Proof of Residency documents (see details below) to verify their residency.

Please bring your documents to York High School, the Principal's Office, Monday-Thursday, 7:30-3:30. 

Please use the Residency Cover sheet to attach to your residency documentation. 

Please note:

  • All residency documents must be presented in order to be processed. Partial documentation will not be accepted.
  • Once residency documents are processed, the parent will have access in their parent Powerschool account to complete the online registration.
  • The online registration process MUST be completed for each student BEFORE the student can start the next school year.


A total of three proofs of residency are required as outlined below. Please contact the school secretary if you are having trouble collecting required documents.

One of the following for the residence at which the student(s) reside(s):

  • A current real estate bill showing parent/guardian as the owner 
  • A current original signed lease showing the parent/guardian as the tenant 
  • A current mortgage statement showing the parent/guardian as the owner


Two of the following showing the address for the residence at which the student(s) reside:

A current gas bill   A current driver’s license (or State ID card)
A current electric bill A current home or apartment insurance certificate
A current water/sewer bill     A current Department of Immigration Letter
A current cable bill   

Please note the following: 

  • If original documents are presented, copies of these documents will be made on the spot and the originals returned to you. 
  • Partial documentation will not be accepted. All documents must be presented in order to be processed.