PTSA Academic Committee
Questions? Suggestions? Send an email to the PTSA Academic Committee:
- For web site inquiries, include the key word WEBMASTER in your subject line.
- To submit suggestions to the Making the Most of York Guidebook, include the word MMY in your subject line.
- To submit information about an Enrichment opportunity, include the word ENRICH in your subject line.
Find us on
The Academic Committee is the academic advocacy committee of the York PTSA, spotlighting those York clubs and PTSA events/activities which are
PTSA at York promotes the welfare of all York students and the York community.
COME JOIN THE DISCUSSION ON MONDAY: This coming Monday evening, October 19th, from 7-8pm, the PTSA and PTSA-AC will proudly Zoom-host a discussion on the current delivery of academics at York. Panelists will include York Principal, Dr. Bagdasarian, and two York teachers: Brandon Mixon, Special Education and Brendon Holba, Social Studies. RSVP here by 6pm on Monday to get the Zoom link for the meeting.
We hope you'll join us.
Membership in the PTSA is not necessary for this event, but please consider clicking here, selecting the "Join the PTSA online" option on the left, and signing up for this year's membership. And don't forget, if you're a member of the PTSA, then you're a member of the Academic Committee!
Looking forward to seeing you soon!
CLICK TO READ THE CHECKLIST!
UPDATED FOR 2019-20!
Para leer la lista en español,
haga clic aquí
The York PTSA Academic Committee was formed to fulfill one of many elements of the PTSA mission -- to advocate for and support activities that encourage a robust academic environment at York. The committee does this by spotlighting those York clubs and PTSA events/activities which are academically-oriented.
In addition, by developing parent guidebooks, online tools, and organizing monthly PTSA-AC presentations by York faculty and administration, PTSA-AC offers all parents a terrific way to learn about the amazing environment at York, and how to navigate and balance the many academically rich opportunities for their child.
Advocate ♦ Partner ♦ Encourage ♦ Celebrate
Academic Boosters committee shines a light on PTSA's academically-oriented events/activities at York, including:
|Open House – September 17th
PTSA and PTSA-AC Fall Evening Program – October 19th
National Honor Society Induction: hospitality – November (?)
8th Grade Activity & Academic Night – December (?)
Parent-to-Parent Coffee with Parents of 8th Graders – Dec. 4, tentatively
Life After York Q&A – February (?)
PTSA and PTSA-AC Spring Evening Program – March 8th
World Language Honor Society Induction: hospitality – March (?)
Spring Testing Day – April 14
Duke Decision Day – May 3 (?)
Academic/Athletic Awards Night – May 4
** FOR INFORMATION ABOUT TESTING AT YORK, VISIT
"MAKING THE MOST OF YORK:
A PARENT TO PARENT GUIDE"
- The mission of the PTSA Academic Committee is to raise school and community awareness of academic achievement at York High School.
- We do this by partnering with York administration and the community to recognize both high achievers and those who strive to improve.
- We work to increase participation in and recognition of academically related clubs and activities.
- We advocate for strong and diverse course offerings that challenge every student.