Academic Boosters (PTSA-AB) is the academic advocacy committee of the York PTSA,
spotlighting those York clubs and PTSA events/activities which are academically-oriented.
By developing parent guidebooks, online tools, and organizing monthly PTSA-AB presentations
by York faculty and administration,PTSA-AB offers ALL parents a terrific way to learn about the
amazing environment at York, and how to navigate and balance the many academically
rich opportunities for their child.
Please contact one of the parents below if you would like to help out or have questions!
PTSA-AB Committee Chair: Mimi Black
Secretary: Dawn Brooks
Treasury Liaison: Gina Orzak
Website & Facebook: Kate Faulk, Tina Ward, and Michele Koering
Academic Boosters Newsletter – Victoria Ludkowski
Making the Most of York updates – Mimi Black & team
Making the Most of York Spanish translation – Kristin Whitehurst
Month-to-Month Guide by Grade – Jenn Toffler & Victoria Ludkowski
Month-to-Month Guide Spanish Translation – Kristin Whitehurst
PTSA Academic Spotlight Events/Activities:
- York Open House – Jennifer Trenta & Mimi Black
- STEM Awareness – Scott Glosner
- Spring Testing Day – Pam Pintozzi
- 8th grade Transitions – Kristin Whitehurst
- Life After York Q & A – Jenn Toffler
- Duke’s Decision Day – Anne Marie Splitstone
- Academic/Athletic Awards Night – Laura Maniola & Jennifer Trenta