PTSA Academic Boosters
Questions? Suggestions? Send an email to the PTSA Academic Boosters committee:
- For web site inquiries, include the key word WEBMASTER in your subject line.
- To submit suggestions to the Making the Most of York Guidebook, include the word MMY in your subject line.
- To submit information about an Enrichment opportunity, include the word ENRICH in your subject line.
Find us on
Academic Boosters is the academic advocacy committee of the York PTSA, spotlighting those York clubs and PTSA events/activities which are academically-oriented.
PTSA at York promotes the welfare of all York students and the York community.
The York PTSA Academic Boosters committee was formed to fulfill one of many elements of the PTSA mission -- to advocate for and support activities that encourage a robust academic environment at York. The committee does this by spotlighting those York clubs and PTSA events/activities which are academically-oriented.
In addition, by developing parent guidebooks, online tools, and organizing monthly PTSA-AB presentations by York faculty and administration, PTSA-AB offers all parents a terrific way to learn about the amazing environment at York, and how to navigate and balance the many academically rich opportunities for their child.
Advocate ♦ Partner ♦ Encourage ♦ Celebrate
Academic Boosters committee shines a light on PTSA's academically-oriented events/activities at York, including:
August 28 – PTSA-AB at York Open House (The committee distributes updated copies of "Making the Most of York - Parent-to-Parent" guidebook, and other helpful handouts!)
|October tbd– Fall Testing Day **|
|November tbd – National Honor Society Induction|
|November tbd – 8th Grade Transitions (Activity & Academic Night)|
February 24, 7-9pm – Life After York Q & A: Parent to Parent Advice on College & Other Paths to Success
|March tbd – World Language Honor Societies Induction|
|April tbd – Spring Testing Day **|
April tbd – National Technical Honor Society Induction
|May tbd – Duke Decision Day|
|May tbd – Academic/Athletic Awards Night|
** FOR INFORMATION ABOUT TESTING AT YORK, VISIT
- The mission of the PTSA Academic Boosters committee is to raise school and community awareness of academic achievement at York High School.
- We do this by partnering with York administration and the community to recognize both high achievers and those who strive to improve.
- We work to increase participation in and recognition of academically related clubs and activities.
- We advocate for strong and diverse course offerings that challenge every student.