Tracey Bianchi, Julie Vacko, Wendee Reedy
Next PTSA Meeting
The PTSA meetings will be in person in the Yorker Room near the Main Entrance. These meetings include information from York's Principal, financial reporting, updates from various committees, information from the PTA Council (District) and relevant agenda items depending on the time of year.
Next PTSA Connections
PTSA Connections is a monthly event held on Zoom and recorded. A guest speaker(s) from York's faculty and/or administration discusses academic initiatives at York, followed by a Q&A.
Friday, November 12
September 2021 Students of the Month
- Social Studies: Amelia Huefner
- EL: Suleyma Lopez Zacarias
- Business & Technology: Keil Rosen
- Family & Consumer Sciences: Lila Ward
- English: Shelvin John
- World Language: Greeshma Thomas
- Visual Arts: Camryn Adams
- Industrial Technology: Tieg Haller
- Performing Arts: Owen Espinosa
- Science: Keregan Hudson
- Mathematics: Joseph Kenna
- PE/Health/Drivers Ed: Gregory Lee III
- York Athletics: Katelyn Winton
- York Activities: Mia Barton
- York Student Services: Calvin Caforio
Join the PTSA!
Join us for the 2021-2022 Academic Year! Renew or become a member and show your support for our York Community! The PTSA sponsors a variety of events and initiatives throughout the year like social activities, seminars for parents and events for our teachers. Your financial support and membership helps make all of this possible!
Download a membership flyer, print some copies and help spread the word to encourage people to join the PTSA.
Got questions? Email our membership team!
Join the PTSA today by clicking here. Your PTSA Membership now includes access to an online copy of our valuable Student and Staff Directory!
We look forward to seeing our returning members and meeting new ones!
Miss the latest PTSA Connections?
Simply click here to watch.
PTSA Open Chair Positions
Looking for a way to get more involved? The PTSA has a variety of options available. If you are interested, please attend our first PTSA meeting Monday, September 13 at 7:00 pm or contact PTSA president Beth Concannon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
National Tech Honor Society: Spring- order/organize food/drinks for event
EL Celebration: Spring- order/organize food/drinks for event
Post Prom Volunteer Coordinator: April 2022 - fill the 10 to 12 person volunteer spots for the post prom event
Academic Awards: End of April/Beginning of May - order/organize food/drinks for event
Athletic Awards Night: End of April/Beginning of May - order/organize food/drinks for event
Senior Picnic: May 20, 2022 - order/organize food and seek donations and prizes for raffle, fill volunteer needs for event
End of Year Teacher Breakfast: May 27, 2022 - Order/ organize pancake mix/bacon/sausage for Admin to cook at event. Order/organize remaining food and drinks for breakfast and volunteers.
(Parent Teacher Student Association)
York PTSA is an independent, non-profit, volunteer-run organization and part of the PTA umbrella that has supported our students throughout their tenure in Elmhurst District 205 schools. PTSA at York promotes the welfare of all York students and the York community.
We ask that you please join PTSA, and also please consider a Fair Share donation to show your support for all that your York PTSA does! Please sign up at our new Member Hub link: https://yorkhighschool.memberhub.store/shopping/categories/18415
There are bundled Membership/Fair Share options under “Membership,” as well as a general donation option and the printed directory option under “Donations.” Any and all donations are appreciated and benefit the entire York community!
Your amazing support allows York PTSA to organize and/or help fund programs and events such as the following:
- Significant monetary support, as well as help securing chaperones, for York’s Post Prom event on the Odyssey, which is a substance-free, relatively low cost, safe activity for Prom attendees (most prom-goers attend and have a great time!)
- Both the Freshman Picnic and the Senior Picnic
- Fine Arts Week
- Young Hearts for Life (free EKGs for students every other year)
- National Honor Society reception for all students initiated into the group
- The annual student directory (Directory Spot app)
- Dinner for teachers before the annual Open House
- Dinner for teachers during Teacher Conferences
- Annual Teacher Appreciation Breakfast
- Communication via the PTSA e-newsletter
- Advocating for and supporting activities that encourage a robust academic environment at York
- Supporting and contributing to a scholarship fund for York Seniors maintained by Elmhurst PTA Council