LOOKING FOR THE Academic COMMITTEE?
Kate Foley, Diane Rosenthal, Wendee Reedy
Next PTSA Meeting
WELCOME FROM THE YORK PTSA!
Join the PTSA today by clicking here. Your PTSA Membership now includes access to an online copy of our valuable Student and Staff Directory!
We look forward to seeing our returning members and meeting new ones!
Life After York Q&A
Monday, February 22, 7:00-9:00 pm, via Zoom
REGISTRATION REQUIRED (Click here to register)
Designed for parents of sophomores and juniors (but open to all York parents), this highly regarded event includes rotating discussions led by parents of recent York grads who will share their valuable experience and knowledge about the college application process as well as other post high school plans. Visit the PTSA Academic Committee website for more information. Event sponsored by the PTSA Academic Committee and the York CCRC.
February PTSA Academic Committee Meeting
Thanks to all who attended the PTSA Academic Committee meeting Friday morning, February 5. Special thanks to Dr. Bagdasarian for generously sharing time and insights with us during our "Spring Q&A with the Principal." Couldn't make the meeting? You can watch the video here.
(Parent Teacher Student Association)
York PTSA is an independent, non-profit, volunteer-run organization and part of the PTA umbrella that has supported our students throughout their tenure in Elmhurst District 205 schools. PTSA at York promotes the welfare of all York students and the York community.
We ask that you please join PTSA, and also please consider a Fair Share donation to show your support for all that your York PTSA does! Please sign up at our new Member Hub link: https://yorkhighschool.memberhub.store/shopping/categories/18415
There are bundled Membership/Fair Share options under “Membership,” as well as a general donation option and the printed directory option under “Donations.” Any and all donations are appreciated and benefit the entire York community!
Your amazing support allows York PTSA to organize and/or help fund programs and events such as the following:
- Significant monetary support, as well as help securing chaperones, for York’s Post Prom event on the Odyssey, which is a substance-free, relatively low cost, safe activity for Prom attendees (most prom-goers attend and have a great time!)
- Both the Freshman Picnic and the Senior Picnic
- Fine Arts Week
- Young Hearts for Life (free EKGs for students every other year)
- National Honor Society reception for all students initiated into the group
- The annual student directory (Directory Spot app)
- Dinner for teachers before the annual Open House
- Dinner for teachers during Teacher Conferences
- Annual Teacher Appreciation Breakfast
- Communication via the PTSA e-newsletter
- Advocating for and supporting activities that encourage a robust academic environment at York
- Supporting and contributing to a scholarship fund for York Seniors maintained by Elmhurst PTA Council