Prospective College Athletes
As soon as a student believes he/she may wish to participate in college athletics at the NCAA DI, DII, or NAIA levels, it is the responsibility of the student/family to communicate this to the student's counselor so that the counselor can assist the family through the process of course selection based on the requirements of these athletic associations.
How to Determine Your NCAA Eligibility
- Take classes that match your high school’s NCAA List of Approved Core Courses. The NCAA Eligibility Center will only use approved core courses to certify your initial eligibility.
- York indicates which courses are NCAA approved in our Course Offerings Book. However, you can access and print our high school’s NCAA List of Approved Core Courses at THIS LINK and enter York's CEEB code: 141805.
- Register with the NCAA www.eligibilitycenter.org.
- Have your SAT or ACT scores forwarded directly to the NCAA Eligibility Center (by using code “9999″).
- At the end of your junior year, request an official transcript from each high school attended and send to the Eligibility Center.
- You may take the SAT and/or ACT as often as you feel necessary. The Eligibility Center will use the best scores from each section of the SAT or ACT to determine your best cumulative score.
- After graduation, send your final transcript to the Eligibility Center.