Information from Programs
Senior PROGRAMSSenior Parent Saturday
On Saturday, August 22nd, we hosted a parent program with breakouts as listed below. Information from some sessions can be found on our website. Other handouts can be obtained in the CCRC.
- Financial Aid/Conquering College Cost: View Video and access handouts by clicking HERE
(Special thanks to: Bradley University, St. Ambrose University, St. Xavier University, and the University of Tampa for your support, which allows Frank Palmasani to work with our families for free!)
- Senior Application Process/Planning: View Recording by clicking HERE
- IEP's and 504's in College: Review Google Slides by clicking HERE
- Alternatives to Traditional Four-Year College: Review Google Slides by clicking HERE
- CCRC Open House: No handouts - this was just a Q&A opportunity. Please email Mrs. Thompson if you have questions or set up an appointment to talk through your senior's plans in a one-on-one virtual setting.
SENIORS: College Application Process
There are many steps in the process of applying to college. The documents listed here should help. All of these were used during meetings with seniors and their parents this fall.
All Wednesdays this school year (minus holidays and Lunch & Learn days, are drop-ins for seniors (first semester and second semester) and juniors (second semester only). All drop in hours are during the lunch periods. This is an opportunity for seniors to ask some quick questions without needing to set up a full appointment.
Lunch & Learn Seminars:
One Wednesday each month, we will host a Lunch & Learn, where specific information is presented on pre-determined topics, listed below. If Google Slides are used, they will be added to the senior's CCRC Google Classroom.
8/25: Naviance Tips: Plan to stick around for most of the hour. I'll give you some overview of Naviance and tips that we couldn't cover in other sessions. Q&A time available at the end.
9/8: Sending your test scores to colleges: Demo of migrating your ACT student account, if you haven't used the new website and a source for step-by-step instructions regarding sending SAT scores.
10/6: All about the money: FAFSA, FSA ID's, CSS Profile, and Intro to Scholarships (make sure you know your social security number if you want to set up your FSA ID.)
11/3: Lost? Let's Talk!: Perfect for seniors who are getting a late start on this stuff or need a refresher of the info covered in August.
12/1: Searching for Scholarships: A Deeper Dive. Plan to roll up your sleeves and do some digging.
Senior Summer Sessions: Using Naviance
Seniors can access the slides and recordings for this in-depth explanation of using Naviance to be more organized and to request and track your transcripts and letters of recommendation. These are in the CCRC Google Classroom.
Twelve Steps to College
We will review this information with seniors who attend the Senior Guidance Sessions and parents who attend Senior Parent Saturday. These will be posted for your reference.
View the Prezi and review the handout to understand the process.
- Handout: 12 Steps to College (the seniors have a version with links to forms and videos in the CCRC Google Classroom).
- The presentation is linked above in the Senior Parent Saturday section: Senior Application Process/Planning.
College of DuPage Information Night
On Monday, December 7th, we hosted a virtual COD Info Night. The Handout, slides and recording from the program are all located below, just click on the name of the item you wish to view.
- Steps to COD Handout
- Steps to COD Slides
- Overview of COD Class of 2021
- Recording of Program