Friday, August 23
- The Testing Center is now located in the Learning Commons North. To make up a test, just show up with your ID before, during, or after school. Better yet, skip the line by signing up in advance by filling out the form located under Testing Center on the LC website.
- Seniors the Off Campus Privilege has not been started for this school year. Once the privilege is earned you are able to leave campus for lunch. Until then you are expected to eat in the cafeteria or in the Senior Courtyard.
- Returning tutor training will be held on the first late start Wednesday, August 28th at 8:00 AM. If any students are interested in becoming tutors there will be a new tutor training on Wednesday, September 5th at 8:00 AM. If you cannot make either session please contact Ms. McGee or Mr. Immel.
- The school year might just be starting up, but our gardens are in full bloom! Come and join York Garden Club Wednesdays after school to harvest our summer bounty! Meet us in the Senior Courtyard at 3:15pm. When it rains we meet in room A373. If you have any questions, please contact either Mr. Rayan, Mr. Bendelow, or Mrs. Yun.
- Attention Girls interested in Girls Basketball! We will have an informational meeting regarding Fall opportunities Thursday, August 29th at 3:20 PM in room A294. Please reach out to Coach Burton in YSS with any questions!
- Hola Dukes! Welcome back to a new and exiting year. Are you ready to take your Language abilities to the next level? If so, come and experience new foods, celebrate Hispanic traditions and lend a helping hand in supporting Hispanic organizations. Come and join our community! Everyone and all levels are welcome. Snacks will be provided. We meet every other Monday right after school in room A217. Our first meeting will be this Monday Aug. 26th. ¡Nos vemos ahí! See Señora Martínez or Señorita Fraticola for more information.
- Hey York GLS members! Our first meeting of the year is on Tuesday, August 27th at 6:30pm in the Commons. This is a MANDATORY meeting with your parents to talk about important trip details and our fundraising project for the year. Please remind your parents about this meeting on Tuesday night. Check out our Google Classroom page for more information. See you and your parents on Tuesday at 6:30pm in the Commons!
- Do you love helping others? Do you need service opportunities? Do you want to help fundraise for charity? If so, then join Interact Club! Interact Club is the high school branch of Rotary International. We fundraise throughout the year for student selected charities, work closely with the Rotary and volunteer for service projects to better the community. Our first meeting is Thursday, August 29th, at 7:10am in A278. We will be discussing this years projects and fundraisers Please join us! See Mrs. Stipe.if you have any questions.
- Come join Latina Dreamers Club! We work with each other to develop goals for the future, visit college campuses, and promote the culture and pride Latin culture has to offer. We will begin by planning Homecoming Hallway decorating contest and National Hispanic Heritage Month. Come join us for a meeting on Wednesday August 28th after school in room A216. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Mrs. Oliveros.
- Ciao York! Do you love Italian food and culture? Or just want to be a part a York's longest running hallway decorating champs? Italian Club will meet on Tuesday, August 27th after school in A227. Italian Club is open to ALL students- not just those taking Italian classes. We will be planning for homecoming, fundraising, field trips, and of course, enjoying delicious Italian food! See you there!
- Hey YOU! Yeah you . . .do you believe in freedom, justice, and equality for all? The #MeToo movement got you thinking? Never the less do you Persist for gender equality? Then EMPOWER Club is for you! Please join us TUESDAY after school in our new space A260 to kick off the year with our Homecoming Hallway Decorating Plans..... Come check us out . . all are welcome! Questions see Ms. DiTomasso
- Do you like helping others? Are you looking to make new friends while serving your community? Do you need service hours for NHS, scouts or a scholarship application? Have you just heard that Key Club is one of the biggest and most awesome clubs at York? If you answered yes to any of these questions, come on out to join Key Club! Key Club is open to all students and meets every Tuesday morning at 7:10 am in room A290. Our first meeting is Tuesday, August 27th. See you then!