Announcements

York High School Daily Announcements

Suzanne Hughes

On Monday, May 3rd, York High School celebrated Duke Decision Day. We want to congratulate all seniors who have been accepted or made their decisions for next year. Seniors who still want to add their name to the map can come down to the CCRC through the end of the week. The CCRC also has “Class of 2021” Yard Signs, please come pick one up as soon as possible. Typically, over 95% of our graduating seniors choose some type of additional schooling/training with the remaining 5% enlisting in military service, choosing to work, or taking a gap year. Congrats again to all seniors!

Interested in joining the defending Regional Champs of IHSA Scholastic Bowl? Then please attend a meeting in A333, Ms. Wall's room, after school on May 10th. We'll review our successful season, strategize for next year, and work in some time on the buzzers. No experience is necessary to join this fast knowledge game!

Congratulations to Ytv Seniors Kendall Dirks, Mustafa Valika, and Hannah Lonergan for their success at the 28th Annual MMEA Film Festival. Kendall and Mustafa won 1st place in the Commercial category for their Starbucks commercial while Hannah Lonergan won 4th Place in the News Package category for her piece entitled “Chalk the Lot”. Several other Ytv students submitted work and received accolades for their hard work. Congrats Ytv!

And more Congratulations to the following students for placing in the Top 6 in IHSA State Journalism Competition! Kathryn King placed 3rd in Review Writing. Finnigan Belleaau placed 4th in News Writing, and Mustafa Valika place 6th in Video News. Congrats York Journalists!

Attention all students, The last day of school for Seniors will be next Friday, May 14th and the last day for all other students will be on Thursday, May 27th. The York community wants to help you finish the year strong. Supports are available before school, during the school day, and after school for any student needing additional academic assistance. Please reach out to your teachers or counselors if you need additional help. Go Dukes!

 

 

Read More about Wednesday, May 5
Suzanne Hughes

Interested in joining the defending Regional Champs of IHSA Scholastic Bowl? Then please attend a meeting in A333, Ms. Wall's room, after school on May 10th. We'll review our successful season, strategize for next year, and work in some time on the buzzers. 

No experience is necessary to join this fast knowledge game!

 

 

Read More about Tuesday, May 4