Academic Boosters (PTSA)
Questions? Suggestions? Send an email to the PTSA Academic Boosters committee:
- For web site inquiries, include the key word WEBMASTER in your subject line.
- To submit suggestions to the Making the Most of York Guidebook, include the word MMY in your subject line.
- To submit information about an Enrichment opportunity, include the word ENRICH in your subject line.
Find us on
The York PTSA Academic Boosters committee was formed to fulfill one of many elements of the PTSA mission -- to advocate for and support activities that encourage a robust academic environment at York. The committee does this by spotlighting those York clubs and PTSA events/activities which are academically-oriented.
In addition, by developing parent guidebooks, online tools, and organizing monthly PTSA-AB presentations by York faculty and administration, PTSA-AB offers all parents a terrific way to learn about the amazing environment at York, and how to navigate and balance the many academically rich opportunities for their child.
Advocate ♦ Partner ♦ Encourage ♦ Celebrate
Academic Boosters committee shines a light on PTSA's academically-oriented events/activities at York, including:
August 29 – PTSA-AB at York Open House (The committee distributes updated copies of "Making the Most of York - Parent-to-Parent" guidebook, and other helpful handouts!)
|Sept 11 – STEM Awareness Event|
|October 10 – Fall Testing Day **|
|November 8 – National Honor Society Induction|
|November 28 – 8th Grade Activity & Academic Night|
|February 28 – Life After York Q & A: Parent to Parent Advice on College & Other Paths to Success|
|March 21 – World Language Honor Societies Induction|
|April 9 – Spring Testing Day **|
April 16 – National Technical Honor Society Induction
|May 1 – Duke Decision Day|
|May 2 – Academic/Athletic Awards Night|
** FOR INFORMATION ABOUT TESTING AT YORK, VISIT
"MAKING THE MOST OF YORK:
A PARENT TO PARENT GUIDE"
- The mission of the PTSA Academic Boosters committee is to raise school and community awareness of academic achievement at York High School.
- We do this by partnering with York administration and the community to recognize both high achievers and those who strive to improve.
- We work to increase participation in and recognition of academically related clubs and activities.
- We advocate for strong and diverse course offerings that challenge every student.