Science Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org
Science Teacher, email@example.com
Special Education English Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org
Science Teacher email@example.com
Science Teacher/ECO Club firstname.lastname@example.org
Science Teacher email@example.com
Science Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org
Conrad, Jill Instructional Coach/ Science Teacher email@example.com
Science Teacher/ Science Olympiad Club firstname.lastname@example.org
Instructional Coach/ Science Teacher email@example.com
Science Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org
Science Teacher email@example.com
Science Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org
Science/ELL Science Teacher email@example.com
Science Department Chair firstname.lastname@example.org
Science Teacher email@example.com
Science Teacher- firstname.lastname@example.org
Science Teacher email@example.com
Science Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org
Special Education Science Teacher email@example.com
Science Teacher/ELL Science firstname.lastname@example.org
Science Teacher email@example.com
Science Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org
Science Teacher email@example.com
York Science Department
Science Department Mission Statement
The mission of the York Science Department is to inspire minds to inquire, think critically, and make informed decisions allowing students to have a positive impact on society.
Opportunities and Scholarships
- Fermilab looking for up to 12 teams to create a hands-on activity that demonstrates a physics principle for elementary or middle school students.
- Event day: Sunday, February 10, 2019, from 1:00-5:00 PM
- Team leaders will receive a T-shirt and lunch.
- Application due October 27, 2018; application link
- Women in STEM Career Day- Friday, Oct. 19, 2018
- National Chemistry Week Celebration- Saturday, Oct. 27, 2018
- Explore Engineering Night- Friday, Nov. 9, 2018
- STEM Spotlight - Tuesday, March 19, 2019
- STEMCON- Saturday, April 27, 2019
Designed to offer high school students a pre-college experience.
Location: University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Mi
3 Sessions June-August
Applications open in January 2019
- $2000 scholarships to high school senior science students
- Submit application no later than Friday, February 22, 2019; received no later than Wednesday, February 27, 2019
- Essay: In 600 words or less, students describe what healthcare will be like in 20 years and how technology will be used to improve healthcare.
- Three essays chosen. First place: $500 gift card; second place: $300 gift card; third place: $200 gift card.
- Students should include their name, school, town/state, and email address.
- The goal of this contest is to spread awareness about the healthcare technology management (HTM) field.
- Submit Essays by April 22 to HTMEssays@aami.org
NGSS: A New Vision for Science Education
Illinois has adopted the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS). District 205 Science Teachers are developing and implementing instructional strategies that prepare students to be scientifically-informed citizens.
Science Course Offerings Website.
Textbooks and digital resources for each course.
8th Grade Students and Parents
Welcome to York! Next year you will be enrolled in one of our Biology classes. Please click HERE to see the 8th Grade Night Presentation.