Physical Education/Health/Driver Ed
Assistant Athletic Director / Physical Education, Health and Driver Education
Physical Education Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org
Physical Education Teacher email@example.com
|Ellison, Megan PE/Driver Ed. Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org
PE Teacher/Head Football Coach email@example.com
Special Education Physical Education Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org
|Giuliani, D. Mark
Physical Education Teacher email@example.com
Physical Education Performing Arts Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org
Physical Education/Head Baseball Coach email@example.com
Physical Education Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org
Physical Education Teacher email@example.com
Physical Education Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org
Health/Driver Education/Special Education email@example.com
PE Teacher/Head Girls Golf firstname.lastname@example.org
PE/Health Teacher email@example.com
2024 Summer School Drivers Education
York Community High School is pleased to offer a summer session of Driver Education and Behind the Wheel (BTW) as follows:
REGISTRATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED STARTING Wednesday, January 31st at DOOR 3 at 9:00 am (Your student can hand this registration in - it does not have to be the parent). After January 31st, registrations will be taken in the Athletic Office. Both the application and check must be turned in to hold a summer spot; only 24 spots are available.
Applications will be taken in order of when they are dropped off.
York Physical Education, Health, and Driver Education Department
Home of the Dukes
York High School PE/Health/Driver Education Mission Statement
The mission of York High School’s PE/Health/Driver Education department is to proactively develop physically fit individuals, strengthen minds, and promote positive attitudes towards life-long fitness while shaping individuals to become positive, impactful members of society.
Physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body, it is the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual activity.
~John F. Kennedy
Driver Education Information
What You Need When Going to The DMV for Your License
1. Check this website to make sure that your successful completion of Driver Education is in the Secretary of State database - LINK
2. Make an appointment online for your road test - LINK
3. Bring the following items with you:
- Instruction Permit
- Original copy of your Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- 50 Hour Log Sheet
- Proof of Insurance for the vehicle you will use for the road test
- Proof of Address (Gas Bill, Electric Bill, Cable Bill)
- Parent/Legal Guardian
TOP 10 REASONS WHY YOU NEED PHYSICAL EDUCATION
Reason 1: Regular Physical Activity Helps Prevent Disease
Reason 2: Regular Physical Activity Promotes Lifetime Wellness
Reason 3: Quality Physical Education Can Help Fight Obesity
Reason 4: Quality Physical Education Can Help Promote Lifelong Physical Fitness
Reason 5: Quality Physical Education Provides Unique Opportunities for Activity
Reason 6: Quality Physical Education Teaches Self-Management and Motor Skills
Reason 7: Physical Activity and Physical Education Promote Learning
Reason 8: Regular Physical Activity Participation Makes Economic Sense
Reason 9: Physical Education Is Widely Endorsed
Reason 10: Quality Physical Education Helps to Educate the Total Child
PE COMMON LEARNING TARGETS
Social Learning Targets: ISBE Standards 21, 24
- I actively engage in Physical Education class or
- I participate at a high level of activity during Physical Education class
- I am accepting and respectful of diversity within the class.
Fitness Learning Targets: ISBE Standards 19, 20, 23
- I can achieve my healthy zone for health related fitness components.
- I can achieve and maintain my THR zone for a minimum of 20 minutes.
- I am able to identify the differences between health and skill related fitness components.
Lifestyle/Life-Long Learning Targets: ISBE Standards 21, 22, 24
- I can model teamwork, through sportsmanship and fair play, to reinforce interpersonal skills to be implemented in daily life.
- I understand the importance of lifelong health & physical fitness and the benefits of participation in a variety of activities competitively, recreationally, and within the community.
Movement/Motor Skills Learning Targets: ISBE Standards 19, 23
- I can demonstrate several motor skills and movements patterns needed to perform a variety of physical activities.
- I can demonstrate knowledge of all basic rules, safety, & etiquette during physical activities.