Physical Education/Health/Driver Ed
Assistant Athletic Director / Physical Education, Health and Driver Education
Physical Education Teacher email@example.com
Physical Education Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org
Physical Education, Health, and Driver Education Department Chair
Student Support Teacher email@example.com
Physical Education, Health
PE Teacher/Head Football Coach
Special Education Physical Education Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org
|Giuliani, D. Mark
Physical Education Teacher email@example.com
Physical Education Performing Arts Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org
Physical Education/Head Baseball Coach email@example.com
Physical Education Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org
Physical Education Teacher email@example.com
Health/Driver Education/Special Education
Physical Education Teachermmonken@elmhurst205.org
Dance/PE Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org
Physical Education Teacher email@example.com
Physical Education/Health Teacher
Physical Education/Health Teacher
York Physical Education, Health, and Driver Education Department
Home of the Dukes
Summer School Driver Education
Driver Education Summer School Registration starts Tuesday, January 21st at 7:15 am at Door 3. Please print the form below and bring the form along with your payment. Any questions please contact Lauren DeAngelis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration Form (LINK)
York High School PE/Health/Driver Education Mission Statement
The mission of York High School’s PE/Health/Driver Education department is to proactively develop physically fit individuals, strengthen minds, and promote positive attitudes towards life-long fitness while shaping individuals to become positive, impactful members of society.
Physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body, it is the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual activity.
~John F. Kennedy
TOP 10 REASONS WHY YOU NEED PHYSICAL EDUCATION
Reason 1: Regular Physical Activity Helps Prevent Disease
Reason 2: Regular Physical Activity Promotes Lifetime Wellness
Reason 3: Quality Physical Education Can Help Fight Obesity
Reason 4: Quality Physical Education Can Help Promote Lifelong Physical Fitness
Reason 5: Quality Physical Education Provides Unique Opportunities for Activity
Reason 6: Quality Physical Education Teaches Self-Management and Motor Skills
Reason 7: Physical Activity and Physical Education Promote Learning
Reason 8: Regular Physical Activity Participation Makes Economic Sense
Reason 9: Physical Education Is Widely Endorsed
Reason 10: Quality Physical Education Helps to Educate the Total Child
PE COMMON LEARNING TARGETS
Social Learning Targets: ISBE Standards 21, 24
- I actively engage in Physical Education class or
- I participate at a high level of activity during Physical Education class
- I am accepting and respectful of diversity within the class.
Fitness Learning Targets: ISBE Standards 19, 20, 23
- I can achieve my healthy zone for health related fitness components.
- I can achieve and maintain my THR zone for a minimum of 20 minutes.
- I am able to identify the differences between health and skill related fitness components.
Lifestyle/Life-Long Learning Targets: ISBE Standards 21, 22, 24
- I can model teamwork, through sportsmanship and fair play, to reinforce interpersonal skills to be implemented in daily life.
- I understand the importance of lifelong health & physical fitness and the benefits of participation in a variety of activities competitively, recreationally, and within the community.
Movement/Motor Skills Learning Targets: ISBE Standards 19, 23
- I can demonstrate several motor skills and movements patterns needed to perform a variety of physical activities.
- I can demonstrate knowledge of all basic rules, safety, & etiquette during physical activities.