Career and Technical Education
The division of Career and Technical Education will challenge students of all ability levels to develop problem solving, critical thinking, and decision making skills through real world applications. Learning experiences complement and enhance understanding of core academic concepts and help students develop technical, personal, and professional skills needed for future success.
NATIONAL TECHNICAL HONOR SOCIETY 2019-2020
Students wishing to apply for induction into the National Technical Honor Society should submit the completed application, transcript and fee by 2/28/20. Applications can be turned in to their Business, FCS, or Industrial Technology Teacher, or to Mrs. Albert in A122.
Students must meet minimum GPA requirements, and requirements for number and type of courses. Please see application for details.
Students will be notified of acceptance in March. An induction breakfast/ceremony will take place on April 16th at 7am.
COLLEGE AND CAREER READINESS
Earn college credit and industry certifications while in high school!
- Business Management Honors = COD Management 1100
- Invitation to Teach = COD Education 1100 and COD Education 1101
- Food and Restaurant Management = COD Culinary 1120 Sanitation
- Architectural Drafting/CAD Honors = COD Architecture 1211
- 2D Game Design = COD CIS 1211
- Personal Finance = COD BUSIN 1120 (Note - this class receives dual credit from COD beginning in the 2017-2018 school year)
- Manufacturing Technology H = COD Manufacturing 1151 - Machine Shop 1
Foodservice Sanitation Manager Certification (ServSafe)
to learn more about the NEW Business INCubator program at York!