Career and Technical Education
PROGRAMS AND SERVICES
Click on the following links for more information about our student run businesses at York!
(Student Run Restaurant)
Little Dukes Preschool
(Student Run Preschool for Community Children)
Technology Services Internship
(Technology support help desk for students)
The division of Career and Technical Education will challenge students of all ability levels to develop problem solving, critical thinking, and decision making skills through real world applications. Learning experiences complement and enhance understanding of core academic concepts and help students develop technical, personal, and professional skills needed for future success.
SPECIAL PROGRAMS APPLICATION INFORMATION:
Students interested in taking Career Internship, Invitation to Teach, Med Careers, or being a PE Leader next year should visit the Online Course Offering Book for more information about applications. Applications are due by NOVEMBER 4th, 2019. Parking applications for the three off-site programs will be handled through the regular parking application process which will begin in March. Please visit the Online Course Book or talk with your counselor if you have any questions.
COLLEGE AND CAREER READINESS
Earn college credit and industry certifications while in high school!
- Business Management Honors = COD Management 1100
- Invitation to Teach = COD Education 1100 and COD Education 1101
- Food and Restaurant Management = COD Culinary 1120 Sanitation
- Architectural Drafting/CAD Honors = COD Architecture 1211
- 2D Game Design = COD CIS 1211
- Personal Finance = COD BUSIN 1120 (Note - this class receives dual credit from COD beginning in the 2017-2018 school year)
to learn more about the NEW Business INCubator program at York!