National Honor Society
617-2400 ex. 7202
617-2400 ex. 2432
President: Samuel Musial
Vice- President: Elise Moran
Secretary: Jacqueline Cimino
Treasurer: Ryan Marti
Historian: Lillian Hoffer
For York students who were invited to apply to NHS, use the class code at the bottom of your invitation letter.
Click HERE for the 2021 NHS Petition (which will be submitted electronically on Google Classroom)
CRITERIA FOR NHS
Cumulative GPA over a 3.5 entitles 11th and 12th grade students to petition for membership in the York Community High School chapter of the National Honor Society. Please understand that eligibility to petition does not automatically assure selection for National Honor Society membership.
The criteria for membership are SCHOLARSHIP, LEADERSHIP, CHARACTER, and SERVICE. These standards are established by the National Honor Society’s governing board. Therefore, the York Chapter of the NHS must abide by the Society’s constitution. In order to qualify for membership, you must demonstrate excellence in all four areas. (An additional summary and explanation can be found in the York School Agenda/Handbook.)
Acceptable NHS Service Hours
Time spent serving at:
- Nursing homes
- PADS (Homeless shelters)
- Feed My Starving Children
- Boy Scout/ Girl Scout/ Church clean-up days
- ECO Club recycling/ECO Club service activities
- Key Club activities
- Meals on Wheels
- Mission Trips (please only count hours actually spent serving)
- Raising money or volunteering for Relay for Life
- Religious education/Teaching Sunday school
- Salvation Army Bell-Ringing
- Unpaid Coaching
Note: Full a full list of volunteer opportunities, dates, and contact information, NHS members should visit our NHS Google Classroom page.
Click HERE for NHS 8th Grade Night Video!
Requirements for Applying to NHS:
1) GPA of 3.5 or higher
2) Minimum of 10 Service Hours from high school years
3) Demonstrate the 4 Pillars of NHS: Scholarship, Character, Leadership, and Service
**To document service hours for future application into NHS, please use this "Service Hour Verification" form.
CURRENT NHS MEMBERS:
For the most updated forms and service opportunities, please visit our NHS Google Classroom