Coaching Staff -
Alyssa Ortiz - Head Varsity
Lauren Caputo - JV
FALL POM TRYOUTS
The day has finally come that I can send out the information for tryouts and we can get our season started! I AM SO EXCITED!
There is a lot of information that will be provided in this email so please take your time to read through this and understand everything. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask, I know this is a crazy time.
We have a lot of restrictions and we have to make sure we follow every single one of them or we will not be allowed to continue our season.
- Athletes must wear a mask while entering the building and throughout their temperature check
- Any athlete that is late to their time slot, will not be allowed in and will be sent home - this includes tryout day
- Every athlete must bring their own water bottle - we suggest some sort of large jug since we will not have access to any water fountains
- We will not have any access to any bathrooms in the school, so please make sure you use the facilities before you arrive at York
- Athletes must wash their hands before and after
- Once your time slot has ended you will be dismissed and must leave the York Property immediately - there can be no waiting around for rides
- Every athlete must have a current physical on file, register for tryouts and sign the waiver - NO ACCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE FOR THIS
- REGISTRATION LINK
- Athletes will only be allowed to bring in their keys, water bottles, and shoes into the BlackBox.
- The group/time slot that you sign up for on Thursday will also be your same group on Friday - there is no mixing of groups
- There will also be an athletic trainer on-site for any injuries that may occur
Here is the week's schedule:
Monday, June 22nd - the tryout routine will be taught through a video and will be posted online for everyone to access. The video will be up until Wednesday, June 24th at midnight.
Thursday, June 25th - We will be hosting 1 1/2 hour sessions for athletes to come in and ask any questions they have regarding the dance. Even if you don't have questions you can come in and practice before the big day. This will happen in groups of 8 and there will be a sign up for time slots 8:30 am - 2:30 pm.
Friday, June 26th - tryout day! Tryouts will be from 8:30 am - 2:30 pm (in the same time slot and group you had the previous day)
- Athletes must wear all black (leggings and top)
- Athletes must wear jazz shoes (the entire time)
- Hair pulled into a proper low bun
- No jewelry of any type will be allowed - earring, rings, necklaces, bracelets, ankle bracelets, etc. (include the string bracelets)
Results: Athletes will be informed of their placement with the team via email at 6:00 PM Friday, June 26th. We request that athletes wait 48 hours before contacting the coaches regarding their position within the team. Please encourage your athlete to reach out to advocate for themselves.
I understand that this occurred quickly and many people may either be working or out of town while tryouts are occurring, this will not hinder you. If you cannot attend Friday's tryouts please let me know as soon as possible so we can come up with a different solution.