WINTER CHEER TRYOUTS
York Cheerleading Tryouts
Winter Season 2018 - 2019
WHEN/WHERE : Monday, October 22nd, 3:30 - 7:00 pm - Field House
WHO : Open to Freshmen, Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors. All levels of experience are welcome! We are a coed program - interested male athletes are also encouraged to tryout!
WHAT : Junior Varsity and Varsity teams will participate in IHSA Competitive season as well as supporting the York Basketball program. Season runs from end of October through beginning of March (when playoffs end for York Basketball). Will not conflict with official Spring Sports practices / events.
You must have all the following completed in order to tryout:
1. Tryout APPLICATION: Must fill out form, here → https://goo.gl/forms/dKV2RYOKWS9t0r6h2
2. Tryout PERMISSION: Print the Sign off sheet of the Tryout Info Packet , sign, and bring to tryouts
3. Winter Cheer CONTRACT: Print the Sign off sheet of the Winter Contract , sign, and bring to tryouts
4. REGISTER: Create account & register for cheer → https://york.8to18.com/accounts/login
5. Updated PHYSICAL: Must be up to date with York’s athletic office, or bring a valid copy to tryouts
6. NEW To York Cheerleading (Non Fall 2018 Returners): Must have a Teacher Recommendation Form completed and emailed to Head Coach by Friday, October 19th.
MORE INFO: To access all required links and forms for tryouts you will need to go to York Athletics website and click “Cheerleading” https://york.elmhurst205.org/athletics (See links to the right of this page)