Jordan Stopka - Head
SCHEDULES & IMPORTANT INFORMATION
OFF SEASON TRAINING
Click the link below for the soccer off season training information -
IHSA TEAM AWARDS
1975,1982,1984, 1999, 2008
Freshman and JV Teams play at Beren's Park -
493 N. Oaklawn Ave.
Elmhurst, IL 60126
Sophomore and Varsity Teams play at York High School Stadium
Team Store is Open! Last orders will be on Sunday, August 29th at midnight. Link Below.
Mandatory Parent and Player Preseason Meeting
If you missed the meeting, the link is below
Update: Fall 2021
- Boys’ Soccer Season: August 11th, 2021 - October 15th, 2021 (Varsity could play until November 6th in playoffs)
- 5-6 day per week commitment
- Tryouts will be August 11-13. Final moves may be made Saturday the 14th but not expected. Practice should start August 14th (Saturday- LOCATION TBD)
- Practice 3:30-5:00/5:30 – or longer, depending on level; Games (most levels) 2-3 times per week. Varsity may practice later to utilize the stadium.
- Please check our 8to18 page for game schedules.
5 TEAMS - COMPETITIVE/LIMITED (numbers are approximations)
- VARSITY ~20 PLAYERS
- JUNIOR VARSITY 1 ~20 PLAYERS
- JUNIOR VARSITY 2 ~25 PLAYERS
- FRESHMAN A ~20 PLAYERS
- FRESHMAN B ~20 PLAYERS
- All players must have a current physical (within 1 year) on file with the school nurse. If your physical expires before November 6th you need to get a new one.
- Generally, freshman tryout for freshman, sophomores tryout for sophomore, juniors & seniors tryout for varsity or junior varsity.
- Varsity tryouts are open tryouts. Most players are juniors or seniors, but tryouts are open to all players that feel they are ready to play at the varsity level (please email coach Stopka if you are considering trying out for the varsity team as a freshman or a sophomore).
- Freshman coaches may move players to the junior varsity level for a tryout, but junior varsity tryouts are not open tryouts.
- Most players have a number of years of playing experience, through local recreational and competitive club programs.
- Due to a high number of players with lots of experience, tryouts at every level are very competitive.
- In general, prior experience and previous level of play do make a difference in player development. While it does NOT matter which club a player chooses to play for (if at all), players are encouraged to play throughout the year and at the highest level at which they can play.
- Players are NOT allowed to wear club apparel during tryouts or at practices throughout the season - players should wear York soccer apparel as they represent their high school on and off the field.
- Freshman (A and B) - approximately, 40-55 freshman will try out – this number seems to be growing every year. Approximately 40 players will make the two freshman teams. Depending on the number of players that try out, some players may be cut.
- Junior Varsity 1 - approximately 20 players will make the JV1 team. This team is comprised of mostly sophomores, juniors, and seniors on the cusp of making varsity. Some freshman may be on the team.
- Junior Varsity. 2 – approximately 25 players will make the JV2 team. This team is comprised mostly of juniors and seniors that do not make (or tryout) for the varsity team or JV1 team. Sophomores may be on this team. No freshman will be on this team.
- Varsity – approximately 18 - 20 players will make the varsity team. This team is comprised of freshmen through seniors.
- Technical Ability & Skills
- First touch – Ball control
- Dribbling – Passing – Shooting
- Ability to play with both feet
- Tactical Ability - Speed of play/Soccer IQ
- Decision making & poise on the ball
- Positioning & movement off the ball
- Speed – Agility – Quickness
- Overall fitness & strength
Want to be added to the email list? Have questions?
Please reach out to Coach Jordan Stopka at: email@example.com
- Soccer Summer League 2021
2 Teams: Reserves and Varsity (each about 20 players)
Reserves play at 5:30pm, Varsity at 7pm
Games are Tuesdays and Thursdays starting June 22nd and ending July 23rd. Each school in the league gets a total of 7 games.
Cost will be 30 dollars for each player. (Includes T-shirt and 7 games, possibly an 8th)
1975, 1982, 1984, 1999, 2008, 2018