Jordan Stopka - Head
SCHEDULES & IMPORTANT INFORMATION
OFF SEASON TRAINING
Click the link below for the soccer off season training information -
IHSA TEAM AWARDS
1975,1982,1984, 1999, 2008
Freshman and JV Teams play at Beren's Park -
493 N. Oaklawn Ave.
Elmhurst, IL 60126
Sophomore and Varsity Teams play at York High School Stadium
York Dukes Summer Soccer Camp
***Note: The brochure above says in front of York but due to construction all camps will be held at Berens Park.***
Grades 3-8, Monday-Friday (July 5th-9th) 8:00am-10:00am Berens Park; Cost $90 ; Camp Soccer Ball included in Price
High School Camps
Grades 9-10; Monday-Friday (July 5th-9th) and Monday-Thursday (July 12th-15th) 10:00am-12:00pm at Berens Park; Cost $110
Grades 11-12; Monday-Friday (July 5th-9th) and Monday-Thursday (July 12th-15th) 12:00pm-2:00pm at Berens Park; Cost $110
Soccer Summer League
2 Teams: Reserves and Varsity (each about 20 players)
Reserves play at 5:30pm, Varsity at 7pm
Games are Tuesdays and Thursdays starting June 22nd and ending July 23rd. Each school in the league gets a total of 7 games.
Cost will be 30 dollars for each player. (Includes T-shirt and 7 games, possibly an 8th)
Want to be added to the email list? Have questions?
Please reach out to Coach Jordan Stopka at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Update: Spring 2021
- Boys’ Soccer Season: March 1st, 2021 - April 17th, 2021
- 5-6 day per week commitment
- Tryouts will be the first week of March (Dates and Times TBD).
- Practice 3:30-5:30 – or longer, depending on level; Games 2 times per week.
- Freshman and JV play Monday and Wednesday
- Sophomore and Varsity play Tuesday and Thursday
Masks must be worn to all contact days, practices, and competitions. No exceptions.
- Contact Days (Open to Varsity/upperclassmen first) will be as follows:
Tuesday, February 16th (7-8:30pm) Field house
Thursday, February 18th (7-8pm) Field house
Monday, February 22nd (6:30-8pm) Field house
Tuesday, February 23rd (3-5pm) Bo Jackson Sports Dome, Bensenville
Thursday, February 25th (7-8pm) Field house
4 TEAMS - COMPETITIVE/LIMITED (numbers are approximations)
- VARSITY ~20 PLAYERS
- JUNIOR VARSITY 18-22 PLAYERS
- SOPHOMORE ~25 PLAYERS
- FRESHMAN 25-30 PLAYERS
- All players must have a current physical (within 1 year) on file with the school nurse. If your physical expires before April 17th you need to get a new one.
- Generally, freshman tryout for freshman, sophomores tryout for sophomore, juniors & seniors tryout for varsity or junior varsity.
- Varsity tryouts are open tryouts. Most players are juniors or seniors, but tryouts are open to all players that feel they are ready to play at the varsity level (please email coach Stopka if you are considering trying out for the varsity team as a freshman or a sophomore).
- Freshman coaches may move players to the sophomore level for a tryout, but sophomore tryouts are not open tryouts.
- Most players have a number of years of playing experience, through local recreational and competitive club programs.
- Due to a high number of players with lots of experience, tryouts at every level are very competitive.
- In general, prior experience and previous level of play do make a difference in player development. While it does NOT matter which club a player chooses to play for (if at all), players are encouraged to play throughout the year and at the highest level at which they can play.
- Players are NOT allowed to wear club apparel during tryouts or at practices throughout the season - players should wear York soccer apparel as they represent their high school on and off the field.
- Freshman - approximately, 40-55 freshman will try out – this number seems to be growing every year. Approximately 25-30 players will make the freshman team. Depending on the number of players that try out, some players may be cut.
- Sophomore - approximately 25 players will make the sophomore team. This team is comprised primarily of sophomores, but may include some freshman that are ready to play at this level.
- Junior Varsity – approximately 22 players will make the JV team. This team is comprised of juniors and seniors that do not make (or tryout) for the varsity team.
- Varsity – approximately 18 - 20 players will make the varsity team. This team is comprised of freshmen through seniors.
- Technical Ability & Skills
- First touch – Ball control
- Dribbling – Passing – Shooting
- Ability to play with both feet
- Tactical Ability - Speed of play/Soccer IQ
- Decision making & poise on the ball
- Positioning & movement off the ball
- Speed – Agility – Quickness
- Overall fitness & strength
- High school camps - incoming freshman thru seniors
- Youth camps – York youth camp 3rd through 8th grade students
- Other local camps/college camps
1975, 1982, 1984, 1999, 2008, 2018