|View All News|
Join Academic Boosters - It's Free!
York Academic Boosters are committed to raising school and community awareness of academic achievement at York High School. We do this by partnering with York and the community to recognize both high achievers and those who strive to improve; working to increase participation in and recognition of academically related clubs and activities; and advocating for strong and diverse course offerings that challenge every student.
Academic Boosters meet at York High School in the Yorker Room (across the hall from the main office), usually on the first Thursday of every month at 8:30 am. Click here for a printable membership form. All members receive informative monthly minutes.
Academic Boosters membership offers a terrific way to
learn about the amazing academic environment at York!
Academic Boosters is a committee of the York PTSA (Parent Teacher Student Association)
Academic Boosters Events
- September 1 – AB at York Open House
(visit our table in the Academic lobby and pick up your copy of
"Making the Most of York - Parent-to-Parent" guidebook!)
- October 20 – 8th Grade Activity Night
- February 2 – 8th Grade Academic Night
- February – Honor Roll Treats
- March – College Q & A: Parent to Parent Advice
- May 2 – Duke Decision Day
- May - Academic/Athletic Awards Night
- TBD - STEM Event/Field Trip
Other York Academic Dates of Note:
- October 28 - Fall Testing Day
Juniors: PSAT testing. Test results also count toward National Merit Scholar evaluation. Juniors may elect to take a practice ACT instead.
Sophomores: May elect to take the PSAT (great practice!) or the alternate ACT practice test (also good practice)
Freshmen: Will take the practice PLAN test, which will be scored by York HS.
- April 28 (tentative) - college entrance exam administered to Juniors (read the testing update in Going Deep for details)