Academic Boosters is a committee of the York PTSA (Parent Teacher Student Association)
|View All News|
Be in the Know!
PTSA York Academic Boosters' mission is to raise school and community awareness of academic achievement at York High School. We do this by partnering with York administration and the community to recognize both high achievers and those who strive to improve. We work to increase participation in and recognition of academically related clubs and activities; and we advocate for strong and diverse course offerings that challenge every student.
Stay current with the rich academic environment at York by
printing & mailing a form or by subscribing
to our Google Group!
Send an email to
You do not need a Google account to subscribe
The PTSA Academic Boosters committee offers ALL parents a terrific
way to learn about the amazing academic environment at York
PTSA Academic Boosters Events
- September 1st – AB at York Open House
(visit our table in the Academic lobby and pick up your copy of
"Making the Most of York - Parent-to-Parent" guidebook!)
- October 20th – 8th Grade Activity Night
Check out scenes from this busy night here!
- February 2nd – 8th Grade Academic Night
- February 2nd & 4th – Honor Roll Breakfast Treats
- March 22nd – College Q & A: Parent to Parent Advice
- May 2nd – Duke Decision Day
- May 2nd - Academic/Athletic Awards Night
- 2016-2017 - STEM Event/Field Trip TBD
Other York Academic Dates of Note:
- October 28th - Fall Testing Day
Academic Boosters passed out treats so students started this day with a smile!
*Sophomores: May elect to take the PSAT (great practice!) or the alternate ACT practice test (also good practice)
*Freshmen: Will take the practice PLAN test, which will be scored by York HS.
- April 19th - Spring Testing Day
- April 28th (tentative) - college entrance exam administered to Juniors (read the testing update in Going Deep for details)