Academic Boosters is a committee of the York PTSA (Parent Teacher Student Association)
|View All News|
Join Our Mailing List - It's Free!
PTSA York Academic Boosters are committed to raising school and community awareness of academic achievement at York High School. We do this by partnering with York administration and the community to recognize both high achievers and those who strive to improve; working to increase participation in and recognition of academically related clubs and activities; and advocating for strong and diverse course offerings that challenge every student.
Stay current with the rich academic environment at York by
printing & mailing a form or by subscribing
to our Google Group!
Send an email to
You do not need a Google account to subscribe
The PTSA Academic Boosters committee offers a terrific way to
learn about the amazing academic environment at York
PTSA Academic Boosters Events
- September 1 – AB at York Open House
(visit our table in the Academic lobby and pick up your copy of
"Making the Most of York - Parent-to-Parent" guidebook!)
- October 20 – 8th Grade Activity Night
Check out scenes from this busy night here!
- February 2 – 8th Grade Academic Night
- February – Honor Roll Treats
- March – College Q & A: Parent to Parent Advice
- May 2 – Duke Decision Day
- May - Academic/Athletic Awards Night
- TBD - STEM Event/Field Trip
Other York Academic Dates of Note:
- October 28 - Fall Testing Day
Academic Boosters passed out treats so students started this day with a smile!
*Sophomores: May elect to take the PSAT (great practice!) or the alternate ACT practice test (also good practice)
*Freshmen: Will take the practice PLAN test, which will be scored by York HS.
- April 28 (tentative) - college entrance exam administered to Juniors (read the testing update in Going Deep for details)