The following classes have been cancelled due to low enrollment:
AP English Prep
Introduction to Construction
Please email the summer school office if you would like to register for a new class or receive a tuition refund.
What does "class on back-order" mean ?
If you attempt to register for a class at the District Web Store and you receive the message the class is on "back-order", it means that there are no more seats currently available for that class. You are welcome to email the summer school office and put your name on a waiting list for the class.
Summer School Books go on sale starting May 29
Bookstore hours for book sales
|Friday , May 29||9:00 am - 2:30 pm|
|Monday, June 1 - Friday, June 5||7:30 am - 12:30 pm|
|Monday, June 8||7:00 am - 2:30 pm|
Summer School Book List
|Course||Book Needed||Book ISBN#||Price Range|
|Introduction to Business||Introduction to Business||9780078747687||$30.00 - $92.00|
|Algebra AB||Algebra 3rd Edition Vol. 1||9780076056781||$22.00 - $52.00|
|Algebra AB||Algebra 3rd Edition Vol. 2||9780076185917||$22.00 - $52.00|
|Algebra B||Algebra 3rd Edition Vol. 2||9780076185917||$22.00 - $52.00|
|Geometry||Discovering Geometry||9781559534598||$34.00 - $76.00|
|Precalculus||Precalculus With Unit-Circle Trigonometry 4th Edition||9780534402303||$32.00 - $79.00|
|Biology||Miller Levine Biology||9780133669510||$61.00 - $99.00|
|Sociology||Sociology||9780131346345||$30.00 - $65.00|
|World Studies||World History||9780030509674||$27.00 - $60.00|
York Community High School
2015 Summer School Courses
Session 1: Monday, June 8 -Thursday, June 25 (Friday, June 26, Emergency Day)
Session 2: Monday, June 29 - Thursday, July 16 (Friday, July 17, Emergency Day)
Period 1: 7:40 am - 10:10 am
Period 2: 10:20 am - 12:50 pm
York High School offers an Academic Summer School Program offered in two three week sessions. Students can earn a semester credit by enrolling in a three week class which meets for both periods each day or a six week class which meets for one period per day. Summer School classes provide students with opportunities to gain academic credit, receive enrichment or remediation, and explore new interests.
- Online registration will begin at 9:00 am on Tuesday, February 17, 2015 and end on Friday, March 6, 2015. Every attempt will be made to create sections to accommodate registrations made by March 6, 2015.
- Late registration begins on March 7, 2015 and will continue until the first day of summer school on June 8, 2015.
- Registrations received after March 6, 2015 will be processed on a first-come, first served, space-available basis.
- Registration for an academic course does not guarantee a space in that course nor does the inclusion of a course in this brochure guarantee that a course will be offered. Course availability is limited due to minimum and maximum class size restrictions. Course offerings are subject to change due to staffing and minimum enrollment requirements.
- Students will be contacted by May 4, 2015 to confirm class registrations or to be informed of class cancellations.
- Class confirmations and schedules are available on Summer School PowerSchool for Parents on May 27, 2015.
- If the class you are attempting to register for is full, please email the summer school office with your request and you will placed on a waiting list for the class. You will be notified if there is an opening.
William Riddle Jennifer Reichert
Summer School Director Summer School Secretary
Questions: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 630-617-2448.