2016 Summer School Sessions
3 Week Session 1: Monday, June 6 - Thursday, June 23 (Friday, June 24, Emergency Day)
3 Week Session 2: Monday, June 27 - Thursday, July 14 (Friday, July 15, Emergency Day)
6 Week Session: Monday, June 6 - Thursday, July 14
Period 1: 7:40 am - 10:10 am
Period 2: 10:20 am - 12:50 pm
York High School offers an Academic Summer School Program offered in two three week sessions. Students can earn a semester credit by enrolling in a three week class which meets for both periods each day or a six week class which meets for one period per day. Summer School classes provide students with opportunities to gain academic credit, receive enrichment or remediation, and explore new interests.
- Online registration will begin at 9:00 am on Thursday, February 18, 2016 and end on Friday, March 11, 2016. Every attempt will be made to create sections to accommodate registrations made by March 11, 2016.
- Late registration begins on March 11, 2016 and will continue until the first day of summer school on June 6, 2016.
- Registrations received after March 11, 2016 will be processed on a first-come, first served, space-available basis.
- Registration for an academic course does not guarantee a space in that course nor does the inclusion of a course in this brochure guarantee that a course will be offered. Course availability is limited due to minimum and maximum class size restrictions. Course offerings are subject to change due to staffing and minimum enrollment requirements.
- Students will be contacted by May 2, 2016 to confirm class registrations or to be informed of class cancellations.
PowerSchool for Parents
Official 2016 York Summer School Dates
|2016 Summer School Brochure available online||Tuesday, January 26, 2016|
|2016 Summer School Online Registration begins at 9:00 am||Thursday, February 18, 2016|
|2016 Summer School 3 week session 1 and 6 week session begins||Monday, June 6, 2016|
|2016 Summer School 3 week session 1 ends||Thursday, June 23, 2016|
|2016 Summer School 3 week session 2 begins||Monday, June 27, 2016|
|No school||Monday, July 4, 2016|
|2016 Summer School 3 week session 2 and 6 week session ends||Thursday, July 14, 2016|
What does "class on back-order" mean?
If you attempt to register for a class at the District Web Store and you receive the message the class is on "back-order", it means that there are no more seats currently available for that class. You are welcome to email the summer school office and put your name on a waiting list for the class.