What does "class on back-order" mean ?
If you attempt to register for a class at the District Web Store and you receive the message the class is on "back-order", it means that there are no more seats currently available for that class. You are welcome to email the summer school office and put your name on a waiting list for the class.
Summer School Books Store
Bookstore hours for book sales:
Monday through Thursday, 7:30 am to 12:00 noon.
Summer School Book List
|Course||Book Needed||Book ISBN#||Price Range|
|Introduction to Business||Introduction to Business||9780078747687||$30.00 - $92.00|
|Algebra AB||Algebra 3rd Edition Vol. 1||9780076056781||$22.00 - $52.00|
|Algebra AB||Algebra 3rd Edition Vol. 2||9780076185917||$22.00 - $52.00|
|Algebra B||Algebra 3rd Edition Vol. 2||9780076185917||$22.00 - $52.00|
|Geometry||Discovering Geometry||9781559534598||$34.00 - $76.00|
|Precalculus||Precalculus With Unit-Circle Trigonometry 4th Edition||9780534402303||$32.00 - $79.00|
|Biology||Miller Levine Biology||9780133669510||$61.00 - $99.00|
|Sociology||Sociology||9780131346345||$30.00 - $65.00|
|World Studies||World History||9780030509674||$27.00 - $60.00|
York Community High School
2015 Summer School Courses
Session 1: Monday, June 8 -Thursday, June 25 (Friday, June 26, Emergency Day)
Session 2: Monday, June 29 - Thursday, July 16 (Friday, July 17, Emergency Day)
Period 1: 7:40 am - 10:10 am
Period 2: 10:20 am - 12:50 pm
York High School offers an Academic Summer School Program offered in two three week sessions. Students can earn a semester credit by enrolling in a three week class which meets for both periods each day or a six week class which meets for one period per day. Summer School classes provide students with opportunities to gain academic credit, receive enrichment or remediation, and explore new interests.
- Online registration will begin at 9:00 am on Tuesday, February 17, 2015 and end on Friday, March 6, 2015. Every attempt will be made to create sections to accommodate registrations made by March 6, 2015.
- Late registration begins on March 7, 2015 and will continue until the first day of summer school on June 8, 2015.
- Registrations received after March 6, 2015 will be processed on a first-come, first served, space-available basis.
- Registration for an academic course does not guarantee a space in that course nor does the inclusion of a course in this brochure guarantee that a course will be offered. Course availability is limited due to minimum and maximum class size restrictions. Course offerings are subject to change due to staffing and minimum enrollment requirements.
- Students will be contacted by May 4, 2015 to confirm class registrations or to be informed of class cancellations.
- Class confirmations and schedules are available on Summer School PowerSchool for Parents on May 27, 2015.
- If the class you are attempting to register for is full, please email the summer school office with your request and you will placed on a waiting list for the class. You will be notified if there is an opening.
William Riddle Jennifer Reichert
Summer School Director Summer School Secretary
Questions: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 630-617-2448.
Summer School Locker
Online registration for York Academic Summer School will end Thursday evening, June 4, 2015
Walk in registrations for available classes will be accepted through Monday morning, June 8, 2015 (the first day of summer school).