News for You
We are still in need of Chairpersons for the following positions:
- Reflections Chairperson
- Scholarship Chairperson (1 or 2 - Do it with a friend!)
- Teacher Appreciation Co-Chair
If you'd like to learn more, please contact Jill Riecker.
Join us for a five-course cooking demo at Café Amano, 116 E. Schiller Street Elmhurst! The tickets are $80 per person and includes meal, wine, tax and gratuity. $30 of your ticket will support the PTA Council Scholarship Fund. Number of seats limited.
Monday, November 7 and Wednesday, November 9
Please reserve your tickets by November 1st. To purchase tickets, please contact Kari Levine. Checks payable to Elmhurst PTA Council.
The City of Elmhurst Commission on Youth and District 205 PTA Council are excited to welcome Chris Herren to Elmhurst. Chris is a former NBA player, who reached his dream of playing for the Celtics only to lose it to addiction. He came from an affluent area, became addicted to prescription pain medication which then led to a heroin addiction.
He speaks about self-esteem, self-confidence, and respecting yourself. His slogan is “Be a pro at being you.” District 205 Foundation has generously awarded a grant to bring Mr. Herren to Elmhurst. Sponsors for this program include Kickoff for Kids, LW Reedy Real Estate, Straight Ahead Network, and District 205. Takes place at York High School’s Campbell Gym from 7:00 - 9:00 p.m.
What is the York PTSA?
York PTSA (Parent Teacher Student Association) is an independent non-profit volunteer-run organization and a part of the PTA umbrella that has supported our students through their time in Elmhurst District 205 public schools.
PTSA at York promotes the welfare of all York students and the York community. Following is a sample of what we do:
- Initiated and maintain Post Prom, a substance-free, relatively low cost, safe activity for all attendees of Prom.
- Initiated and maintain a Best-Sellers shelf in the York library.
- Contribute funds for red ribbon week
- Sponsor National Honor Society receptions for all students initiated in this group.
- Publish an annual student directory.
- Sponsor a dinner for staff before the annual Open House.
- Sponsor a Teachers Appreciation Breakfast.
- Contribute to several student clubs/organizations.
- Promote communication through the e-newsletter.
- Support and contribute to a scholarship fund for York Seniors maintained by Elmhurst Council of PTA's
- Support and contribute to a scholarship fund for Illinois Seniors maintained by Illinois PTA.