Getting dressed up to attend a high school prom or a school dance is a big deal. But, the cost of formal wear can be overwhelming. The York PTSA invites you to Pay Less for the Dress at the third annual prom dress and accessory giveaway on Sunday, March 23rd from noon to 3 p.m. at the York High School Commons.
Girls ages 13 to 18 can select from more than 400 new and gently-used dresses in a variety of styles and sizes. Dress shoes, handbags and other accessories are in stock to finish the look. Dresses are FREE, but limited to one dress, shoes, handbag and jewelry per customer.
“We easily have more than $40,000 worth of dresses available making sure everyone has a chance to look their best for prom, graduation, homecoming, confirmation or family weddings", says Michelle Albers, committee chair for the event. “It’s such a thrill to see the look of joy on a young woman’s face when she finds her perfect dress.”
Posted by: Sue Chamberlin
What is the York PTSA?
York PTSA (Parent Teacher Student Association) is an independent non-profit volunteer-run organization and a part of the PTA umbrella that has supported our students through their time in Elmhurst District 205 public schools. PTSA at York promotes the welfare of all York students and the York community. Following is a sample of what we do:
- Initiated and maintain Post Prom, a substance-free, relatively low cost, safe activity for all attendees of Prom.
- Initiated and maintain a Best-Sellers shelf in the York library.
- Contribute funds for red ribbon week.
- Contribute funds for Snowball.
- Sponsor National Honor Society receptions for all students initiated in this group.
- Produce an annual student directory.
- Sponsor a dinner for staff before the annual Open House.
- Sponsor a Teachers Appreciation Breakfast.
- Contribute to several student clubs/organizations.
- Promote communication through the e-newsletter.
- Support and contribute to a scholarship fund for York Seniors maintained by Elmhurst Council of PTAs
- Support and contribute to a scholarship fund for Illinois Seniors maintained by Illinois PTA.