News for You
The York PTSA is organizing a Parents’ Night Out for each class level to catch up with old friends while getting to know new parents.
The cost is just $10 that will go directly to the PTSA to help fund programming for our kids, including special events like the freshmen picnic and post prom activities. We are also asking each guest to share an appetizer, beverage or dessert.
The Sophomore Parents’ event is February 16th from 7–10 PM. RSVP here.
District 205 PTA is proud to host the 15th Annual Summer Recreation Open House on Tuesday, February 7th at York Community High School from 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.
The goal of this free event is to give parents throughout the community the opportunity to “one-stop-shop” for summer recreational and educational programs with over 111 organizations that serve pre-K through high school students of all interests and abilities.
The open house is provided at no charge to parents or camps/organizations by the Elmhurst District 205 PTA.
Questions? Send an E-Mail.
“Like” us on Facebook at SROH205 for more updates.
What is the York PTSA?
York PTSA (Parent Teacher Student Association) is an independent non-profit volunteer-run organization and a part of the PTA umbrella that has supported our students through their time in Elmhurst District 205 public schools.
PTSA at York promotes the welfare of all York students and the York community. Following is a sample of what we do:
- Initiated and maintain Post Prom, a substance-free, relatively low cost, safe activity for all attendees of Prom.
- Initiated and maintain a Best-Sellers shelf in the York library.
- Contribute funds for red ribbon week
- Sponsor National Honor Society receptions for all students initiated in this group.
- Publish an annual student directory.
- Sponsor a dinner for staff before the annual Open House.
- Sponsor a Teachers Appreciation Breakfast.
- Contribute to several student clubs/organizations.
- Promote communication through the e-newsletter.
- Support and contribute to a scholarship fund for York Seniors maintained by Elmhurst Council of PTA's
- Support and contribute to a scholarship fund for Illinois Seniors maintained by Illinois PTA.