Grab some friends and make plans to have lunch at Café Amano Thursday, October 23, 2014, at 11:30 a.m. Everyone is welcome to attend — lunch isn’t just for ladies. The $25 ticket price includes a $10 donation toward the Elmhurst District 205 PTA Council Scholarships that are awarded to York seniors in the spring. Please see the attached flyer for more details.
Posted by: Sue Chamberlin
What is the York PTSA?
York PTSA (Parent Teacher Student Association) is an independent non-profit volunteer-run organization and a part of the PTA umbrella that has supported our students through their time in Elmhurst District 205 public schools. PTSA at York promotes the welfare of all York students and the York community. Following is a sample of what we do:
- Initiated and maintain Post Prom, a substance-free, relatively low cost, safe activity for all attendees of Prom.
- Initiated and maintain a Best-Sellers shelf in the York library.
- Contribute funds for red ribbon week.
- Contribute funds for Snowball.
- Sponsor National Honor Society receptions for all students initiated in this group.
- Produce an annual student directory.
- Sponsor a dinner for staff before the annual Open House.
- Sponsor a Teachers Appreciation Breakfast.
- Contribute to several student clubs/organizations.
- Promote communication through the e-newsletter.
- Support and contribute to a scholarship fund for York Seniors maintained by Elmhurst Council of PTAs
- Support and contribute to a scholarship fund for Illinois Seniors maintained by Illinois PTA.