This is a reminder that York parents and students are invited to attend an important informational session on the District 205 Mobile Learning Implementation (MLI) at York High School on Wednesday, July 8, at 7:00 PM in the Commons. The District is implementing one-to-one computing for students in middle school and high school, and at York, every student will need to have a Chromebook on the first day of school in August.
Administrators from York and District 205 will be in attendance for this meeting. They will provide a brief overview of the plan for implementation and then have plenty of time for questions. A Spanish translator will be available.
Every York parent is welcome, and they are also encouraging students to attend with or without a parent. This is the same information as was presented at the June 18 meeting.
Posted by: Susan Swinford
What is the York PTSA?
York PTSA (Parent Teacher Student Association) is an independent non-profit volunteer-run organization and a part of the PTA umbrella that has supported our students through their time in Elmhurst District 205 public schools. PTSA at York promotes the welfare of all York students and the York community. Following is a sample of what we do:
- Initiated and maintain Post Prom, a substance-free, relatively low cost, safe activity for all attendees of Prom.
- Initiated and maintain a Best-Sellers shelf in the York library.
- Contribute funds for red ribbon week.
- Contribute funds for Snowball.
- Sponsor National Honor Society receptions for all students initiated in this group.
- Produce an annual student directory.
- Sponsor a dinner for staff before the annual Open House.
- Sponsor a Teachers Appreciation Breakfast.
- Contribute to several student clubs/organizations.
- Promote communication through the e-newsletter.
- Support and contribute to a scholarship fund for York Seniors maintained by Elmhurst Council of PTAs
- Support and contribute to a scholarship fund for Illinois Seniors maintained by Illinois PTA.