News for You
If you were not included in the 2016-2017 York PTSA Directory and you would like your information shared with the York PTSA members, please forward the following information via email to Kate Foley.
Name(s) of York student(s) (first and last) and grade, home phone number, parents’/guardians' names (first and last), home address, and email. Please write on the subject line of the email: York PTSA directory addendum.
The York PTSA will be sending an email addendum to the directory to the York PTSA members in September. By sending the email requesting inclusion to the directory addendum, you are giving the York PTSA permission to publish your information.
Mark your calendar for York’s Open House on August 29 at 7 PM. This is a great opportunity to experience your student's class schedule, learn about the curriculum for the year and meet the dedicated teachers for those classes.
The Elmhurst District 205 Foundation will be hosting a Family Night of BASKETBALL SLAMS & JAMS featuring the Harlem Wizards at York High School. They will be playing against our very own “D205 ALL-STARS” made up of Elmhurst school faculty and staff. Get your tickets early to be sure you get the best seats in the house! Limited number of Courtside & Reserved Seating available. The District 205 Foundation Fundraiser benefits all D205 Schools! Buy your tickets now!
Young Hearts for Life is coming back to York this year. On October 6, we will have Cardiac Screenings for York high school students. Cardiovascular disease is the leading cause of death in the United States and in Illinois. YH4L under the guidance of Dr. Joseph Marek, a clinical cardiologist, seeks to detect young adults at risk for sudden cardiac death and increase community awareness of this devastating problem. YH4L does this by providing FREE ECG’s that can identify those heart conditions that can cause sudden death.
What is the York PTSA?
York PTSA (Parent Teacher Student Association) is an independent non-profit volunteer-run organization and a part of the PTA umbrella that has supported our students through their time in Elmhurst District 205 public schools.
PTSA at York promotes the welfare of all York students and the York community. Following is a sample of what we do:
- Initiated and maintain Post Prom, a substance-free, relatively low cost, safe activity for all attendees of Prom.
- Initiated and maintain a Best-Sellers shelf in the York library.
- Contribute funds for red ribbon week
- Sponsor National Honor Society receptions for all students initiated in this group.
- Publish an annual student directory.
- Sponsor a dinner for staff before the annual Open House.
- Sponsor a Teachers Appreciation Breakfast.
- Contribute to several student clubs/organizations.
- Promote communication through the e-newsletter.
- Support and contribute to a scholarship fund for York Seniors maintained by Elmhurst Council of PTA's
- Support and contribute to a scholarship fund for Illinois Seniors maintained by Illinois PTA.