Are you passionate about the arts? The Elmhurst PTA Council is looking for a volunteer to facilitate the Illinois PTA Reflections program on a district wide level. Reflections is an art enrichment program that provides an opportunity for students K-12 to bring a chosen theme to life through dance choreography, film production, literature, music composition, photography and visual arts. This year's theme is "The world would be a better place if....". Responsibilities include supporting local PTA Reflections chairpeople, promoting the program, collecting and facilitating the judging of student entries at the District level and advancing entries to the Region and State levels. If you have questions or are interested in the position, please contact PTA Council President, Jennifer Rosenberg at email@example.com.
Posted by: Sue Chamberlin
Welcome to York HIgh School for the 2014-2015 school year. The goal of the PTSA is to enrich our students' education and to provide a forum of communication and cooperation for parents, teachers, and students alike. Click here to join us and become a member of the York Parent Teacher Student Association. Adult memberships include a York Student Directory.
Please also consider a Fair Share Donation. In order to raise funds for the many programs and events that the PTSA sponsors, we are suggesting a donation of $25 per student. This is in lieu of selling Taffy Apples, coupon books, etc ... Please note that any amount is appreciated for Fair Share and is tax deductible. Click here to pay your Fair Share.
Thank you for your consideration and please explore the York PTSA website for more information on our many programs and events!
Posted by: Sue Chamberlin
What is the York PTSA?
York PTSA (Parent Teacher Student Association) is an independent non-profit volunteer-run organization and a part of the PTA umbrella that has supported our students through their time in Elmhurst District 205 public schools. PTSA at York promotes the welfare of all York students and the York community. Following is a sample of what we do:
- Initiated and maintain Post Prom, a substance-free, relatively low cost, safe activity for all attendees of Prom.
- Initiated and maintain a Best-Sellers shelf in the York library.
- Contribute funds for red ribbon week.
- Contribute funds for Snowball.
- Sponsor National Honor Society receptions for all students initiated in this group.
- Produce an annual student directory.
- Sponsor a dinner for staff before the annual Open House.
- Sponsor a Teachers Appreciation Breakfast.
- Contribute to several student clubs/organizations.
- Promote communication through the e-newsletter.
- Support and contribute to a scholarship fund for York Seniors maintained by Elmhurst Council of PTAs
- Support and contribute to a scholarship fund for Illinois Seniors maintained by Illinois PTA.