Announcements, Friday, April 21
- Students who will be attending Prom on April 22nd must arrive at York by 5:15 pm. All York students MUST present a current York ID to attend Prom and post-Prom. All guests must present a completed Guest Permission Form and a current photo ID to enter. No bags, overly large purses, or water bottles will be allowed on the bus. The dress code is formal. Any student whose attire is deemed inappropriate by the administration will NOT be given a refund. All school rules will be in effect during Prom for students and their guests, and noncompliance with these rules will result in removal from the dance, parental contact, and all appropriate disciplinary action.
- Seniors! Do you want to play a major role in graduation? If you would like to audition be a speaker at graduation, please stop by Mr. Doherty's office to sign up. Speech auditions will take place immediately after school on Thursday, April 27th. At the audition, students should be prepared to deliver a 2 1/2-3 minute speech in front of a panel of students, teachers and administrators. We can't wait to hear from our talented group of seniors.
- The TMC will be closed on Tuesday, April 25th from 7:40 until 12:30 in order to complete the state required SAT testing.
- Calling all Animal Behavior students! Don't forget to pre-order your shirt from the bookstore! You must order your shirt by the end of school Friday to get one! Contact Mrs. Ferhati or Mrs. Zentner for any questions.
- Do you enjoy cracking an occasional one-liner? Are you underappreciated for your sense of humor?
- Perhaps you're a fan of Saturday Night Live or The Onion. If so, then do we have a surprise for you. The York-Hi staff has decided to do something a bit different for the 2017 Spring Magazine: we are giving students a chance to submit an original satire article. You may submit as many satires as you want by Fri., March 21. The Satire Editor will review the pieces and select a winner by Tues., April 25. Best of luck to those interested!
- Attention Juniors, The Parking application for the 2017-2018 school year is now available on the York Website. Please fill out the application to be placed into the lottery for a parking space. Students who have had multiple parking violations this year may not be eligible for the lottery as well as future senior privileges. It is our expectation that our students to continue to respect all school rules as the school year comes to an end.
- Hey DUKES! Student Council is collecting NEW toiletry items for the Dupage PADS. Want to help out? Bring NEW toiletry items like shampoo, soap, and deodorant and place them in the donation boxes located around the school. More information on what to bring can be found on the flyers posted in the hallways!
- Seniors! Are you thinking of selling back your Chromebook before you graduate? Did you know it needs to be free of stickers to sell it back? TSI is running a sticker-removal program next week. Come before school or any lunch period the week of April 24th to 28th to drop off your Chromebook for cleaning.
- Students and Staff: Yoga Club meets every Thursday after school in the yoga room. Class is at 3:15-4:15. No prior experience needed--the classes are for all levels. Yoga mats/props are available. Wear comfortable clothing--locker rooms will be open. If you have any questions, contact Ms. Noble or Ms. Munn.
- Off Campus and Parking Privilege: Juniors, with 4th Quarter underway, it's time to start thinking about the Off Campus privilege for next fall. In order to obtain the Off-Campus privilege, students must earn a grade of 'C' or above in all classes, pay all fines and fees, have 0 unexcused absences, and have the parent permission form signed and turned into the Student Services Office. If you have questions, please contact your dean in Student Services.
- For those who would like an opportunity to enter the lottery for a parking pass, again you must meet all of the criteria for the off campus privilege in addition to respecting the parking policies as a junior.
- Attention Seniors only!! Of all the seniors, who do you think is most likely to join a nudist colony? What two guys do you think had the best bromance this year? Who has the craziest amount of school spirit? Head to thisisyork.org to vote for senior superlatives now! They will be featured in the York-hi magazine the end of this semester! Voting ends Friday after school! Go vote!
- Are you an animal lover? Join us for Animal Behavior Club! We will be meeting on Tuesday April 25th after school from 3:15 - 4:15 in room A374. We will be discussing our fundraiser, T-Shirts, and volunteer opportunities! Everyone is welcome!
- The Elmhurst Police Explorers are having an Open House for interested teens on April 24, 2017 at 7:00 PM at the Police Station. The program is geared toward males and females ages 14 to 21 who are interested in Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice. For more information we have our website of www.ElmhurstPoliceExplorers.com
- Boys LAX is having a Chipotle Fundraiser on Friday, 4/21, 4-8pm. Please come out to the Chipotle on Route 83 and support the team!
- Congratulations to York students who participated in the Family Career and Community Leaders of America state competitions in Springfield on April 6th and 7th. FCCLA is a Career and Technical Student Organization that provides personal growth, leadership development, and career preparation opportunities for students in Family and Consumer Sciences education. Students developed presentations, demonstrated skills, and showcased knowledge in areas such as nutrition, fashion, food production and design, children's literature, interior design, and professional careers. Students received individual awards based on their overall score.
- Gold medal in their competition category: Nina Fabrizius, Ayanna Johnson, Lauren Noonan, Olivia Becker, Jamie Killian, Jenna Gallichio, Caitlyn Rambo, Meghan Sly, and Elena Vezmar.
- Silver medal in their competition category: Ally Geary, Isabella Lopiano, Allison Evans, Mei Giuffre, Jolene Gundrum, Madison Miller (national qualifier), Gabriella Purpora, Katie Strawbridge, Ellaby Rohde, Iqra Shaikh (national qualifier), Christine Millins, Clarissa Gecey, Julianna Gecey, Samantha Flesch, and Kevin Homan
- The following students received a bronze medal in their competition category: Allison Stramel
- Tryouts for York Fall Sideline Cheer Team are May 9th and May 10th from 4:00 to 7:00 pm in the Black Box Theatre. Cheerleading is a coed sport.
- Tryouts for the Competitive Cheer Team will be conducted the week of October 23, 2017
- Please contact the York Athletic Office at 630-617-2403 with any questions.
- An Open gym will be held for incoming freshman and current York students who are interested in joining York Cheer. MAY 3RD IN THE FIELD HOUSE, 6-8PM
- ITALIAN CLUB WILL MEET TUESDAY, April 25th AFTER SCHOOL IN A227 –We are having our last meeting of the year, and we will be selecting officers for the upcoming year. Refreshments will be served.
- Attention Juniors and Seniors! Upcoming college visits are listed below. If interested, please sign up in the CCRC at least one day prior to the visit to obtain a pass.
- Tuesday, April 25 3rd Period – U of Illinois – Information on how to transfer to U of I (or anywhere)
Posted by: Suzanne Hughes