Career and Technical Education Division
The goal of the Business Department is to provide students with a comprehensive learning experience that actively engages and challenges each student to be continuing learners about the economy, technology, business, and the responsibility of the individual as a consumer, a worker, and citizen. The course offerings provide an opportunity for students to acquire a solid foundation for higher education and the world of work.
L to R: Dave Lyons, Bill Barnum, John Billerman, Jim Borel, Kristen Bartholomew,
Looking for your teacher?
for a master department schedule
Congratulations DECA 2017 State Competitors!
Congratulations to the following DECA students who competed at the state competition in Rosemont, IL on March 10th, 2017.
- Chris Foster and Allison Evans competed in the Automotive Services Marketing
- Chris Irby competed in the Hotel and Lodging Marketing
- Blake Quarrie competed in the Accounting Applications
- Maria Flynn and Demetri Broches competed in the Financial Analysis Team event
- Alex Hennessy and Grace Que placed in the top ten in the Financial Analysis Team event
- Matt Anderson and Jason Kentra finished in 4th place in the Financial Analysis Team event
- Burke Corcoran and Kevin Lipkin finished in 1st place and won the Financial Analysis Team event
Matt, Jason, Burke and Kevin all qualified to participate in the DECA International Career Development Conference in Anaheim, California at the end of April. There were over 1,000 students participating in the state DECA conference this past weekend and there will be over 20,000 students in Anaheim. DECA is a student organization where students further their knowledge of business subjects by participating in role plays, economics exams and career cluster exams. In order to attend the state DECA meet, students needed to place in the top ten at the local DECA competition in January. To be invited to the National DECA Career Development Conference, students must place in the top 4 at the State DECA meet. More information can be found at ildeca.org
Special Programs Application Timeline and Information for 2017-2018 School Year
Please review the information below and submit all appropriate applications by the deadlines indicated. Students wishing to receive priority consideration for a parking spot due to enrollment in ...more