- York Dance Company presents: Showing 2016! Come see original choreography by YDC members Carina Kanzler, Claire Gornick, Janae Nutter, Kasey Gelsomino, and Ella Glabus with a special performance by the Advanced Dance class. Hope to see you in the audience on Tuesday, December 6th at 7:30 pm. Admission is free!
- The Athletic Office is looking for students to work the Jack Tosh Boys' Basketball Holiday Tournament. This is a great opportunity for students to earn service hours. The dates of the tournament are: Monday, 12/26, Tuesday 12/27, Wednesday 12/28, Thursday 12/29 and Friday 12/30.
- Looking for seven NHS students for four hours a day (three shifts each day) 8:00 am to 12:00 noon, 12:00 noon to 4 pm and 4 pm to 8 pm. Students should sign up for a shift in the Athletic Office.
- The Fine Arts Week committee will be hosting a concert on Tuesday, December 6th, at Fitz’s Spare Keys in downtown Elmhurst. The event will include performances by several York musicians. The music will start at 6pm -- there will be a suggested donation at the door of $5 for students and $10 for adults. All of the proceeds will go towards bringing professional artists and performers to York during Fine Arts Week.
- Just a reminder that Mural club will not be meeting Monday the 28th. Our last meeting for the semester is Monday December the 5th! We will be signing and photographing our mural and having an end of the semester shindig, bring a snack to share!
- Around the Holiday season, Key Club is organizing a food drive, and ask that you bring in non-perishable items to the box in A290. Thank you for your support and help! Also, this is a reminder that Key Club will be taking their yearbook photo on December 6 at 7 am in the auditorium, so there will be no meeting that week. See you then!
- Key dates for students to know: Wednesday December 14th is the FINAL DAY for students to make up tests from the first semester.
- Remember the longer you wait to make up your tests the longer the lines become outside the TMC! Book a reservation online to guarantee yourself a seat!
- Make ups for final exams. Please note that if students miss a final exam and need to make it up in the TMC they should do so during the make up periods already built into the schedule. Monday, 12/19, and Tuesday, 12/20 from 1:30 - 4:10 or Wednesday, 12/21 from 11:00 am - 4:10 pm. We cannot guarantee seats for students to make up exams during non make up periods of the school day during final exams.
- We're making buttons again at Makerspace Monday (today!). Stop by the Lincoln Lab periods 4, 5, or 6 and make a button or two!
- Speak polish and want to make new friends? Want to learn how to speak polish and about the culture? Come join Polish Club on December 7th at 3:15 to 4:15! Come enjoy snacks and a new experience! We will meet in room A120.
- Hey York! Does Love Live Here? Please join our community on Tuesday December 6th at 7:00pm on the East Steps of the Wilder where we will be holding a candlelight vigil to reaffirm our faith in Elmhurst as a community. The candlelight vigil is our opportunity to show our support for Elmhurst as a community where all are welcome, and no one should be made to feel afraid or disregarded, regardless of race, religion, orientation or country of origin. Our goal is to celebrate our diversity in a peaceful celebration of our differences and all that binds us together as one community, one country, and one world.
- Our speakers include a representation from various races, religions, orientations and countries of origin: Rev Debbie Paton, Interim pastor at Elmhurst Presbyterian, Frederick Kamil Assistant Rabbi at Congregation Etz Chaim, Azam Nizamuddin Head of Interfaith Outreach from the Islamic Foundation, Kevin C. Martin Head Speech Coach at York High School, Lessly Diego, York Class of 2017, member of Latina Dreamers and Peggy McGuire, Executive Director of Project HELP. Love, Amnesty International & EMPOWER
- Members of Ambassadors, PRIDE, Key Club, NHS, and Student Council should meet on Tuesday December 6th at 7am in the auditorium for group yearbook pictures.
- Attention all boys interested in joining boys track. There will be an after school informational meeting on Wednesday December 7th in Forum Room 294. We will share information about the upcoming season and off season conditioning. If you are unable to attend, please see Mr. Kern in room A322.
- Attention musicians, poets ,and performers: Mirrors will be hosting the next Java Live Open Mic Night on Friday, December 9th! If you'd like to perform, sign up at the door. Or, show up with your friends to relax, enjoy live music, play some games, and enjoy the coffee house atmosphere right here in the York Commons. Doors open at 6:30 and the cost is $4. Proceeds support the publication of Mirror Literary Magazine.
- Attention FCCLA members, there will be a meeting on Thursday, December 8th, in room A123. We will be confirming registration information at this meeting and further discussing competition requirements. We hope to see you there!
- Hey Students, are you interested in additional leadership opportunities? Looking for a way to enhance your college application? Join Pride! Our next meeting is December 15th at 7am in Room A154 or also know as the choir room. Breakfast will be served. Bring a friend and don't forget to bring your White Elephant gift!
- Congratulations to York's Scholastic Bowl team, which last week continued its winning ways with hard fought matches against Glenbard West and Hinsdale South. Led by Senior C. J. Karwowski (who puts the "wow!" into Karwowski), the SchoBowlers were anchored by Freshmen phenomona Dylan Mahoney, Nick Zehner, Aaron Ludkowski, and Andrew Trenta in their first Varsity matches. Undaunted, the team gave Glenbard as good as it got, and bested Hinsdale by 100 points. Senior Joelle Chiu provided preternatural Fine Arts knowledge, and juniors Kennedy Ruiz and Peter and Grant Hartlage filled out the strong York team.
- Want to join this winning program? It's easy! Bring your quick wits and knowledge to a practice any Monday afternoon or Friday morning. See Mrs. Wall or Mr. Bendelow for more information.
- Did you lose something??? Glasses? Keys? Jewelry? Your Coat?
- Please be sure to check the lost and found in Student Services for any items that you have lost during the school year. Make sure to check with Mrs. Baker for any keys, glasses, jewelry and/or electronics items. Anything that is still unclaimed on the last day before winter break will be donated.
- Do you want to learn how to start and grow your own business? Do you want to learn how to best use your talents in the real world? Come to Entrepreneurship Club. We meet Thursday mornings at 7:10 in Mr. Dowdy’s room, A318. All are welcome to learn, compete, win prizes, and eat donuts every Thursday morning. See you there!