- Are you interested in drawing and painting? Join us at Mural Club's first meeting of the year after school on Monday August 29th in room A143. There will be information for new members and discussions about murals to complete this year. See Ms. K for more details!
- Chicano Bowl Team's first informational meeting will be held Monday, August 29 after school in Room A216. York's Chicano Bowl team watches and studies documentaries on the history of the Latino Americans in the U.S. and then competes against other schools in a scholastic bowl-style competition for scholarship money and trophies. York's team has won 2nd place 3 years in a row! If you have any questions, contact Mr. Rubio.
- Did you know the York Food Court offers hot breakfast everyday? From 6:45am until 9:45am we have hot oatmeal, hot breakfast sandwiches, coffee, juices, bagels, pastries, yogurt, snack, a cappuccino machine and our new fresh baked donuts made daily right here at York. We also offer a kiosk in the A Building foyer every day before school (except Late Starts) for a convenient quick breakfast or drink.
- Just a reminder to all Junior and Senior girls who are signed up for powderpuff: You must have your money and permission slip turned in to the bookstore by 2:30 p.m. this Wednesday, August 31st, to play in the game!
- Do you enjoy learning about other cultures outside of the U.S.? Do you like Anime or classic Japanese movies like the Studio Ghibli award winning film 'Spirited Away'? How about making presentations about a Japanese holiday or book? If so join Japanese Culture and Animation Club! We meet every Tuesday in room A354 from 3:30 to 5:00. Hope to see you there!
- Attention all dancers and choreographers, York Dance Company will be having auditions on Wednesday, September 7th in the Black Box Dance Studio immediately after school. If you are interested in choreographing a piece this year, you will need to prepare at least one minute of material for the audition. See Mrs. Jensen or check the York Dance Program website for more information.
- Do you like learning about different cultures? Come join International Club! Our first meeting is on Wednesday, August 31st at 3:15pm in room A392. Old members, please note our new location. We'll be planning our upcoming year and discussing officer positions. For more information, check out our new blog: yorkic.blogspot.com or contact Ms. Kaniyaly. See you there!
- Are you interested in volunteering or getting service hours for NHS? Then join Key Club! We are the largest club in York, and partake in multiple service opportunities each week. Our first week will be Tuesday August 30 at 7:10 am in room A290. Hope to see you there!
- The Fine Arts Week Committee needs your help to plan, organize, and direct all of the events during Fine Arts Week in February. If you’re interested in being a part of the Fine Arts Week planning committee, our first meeting will be on Wednesday, 8/31/16 at 3:15 in A155. Please contact Mr. Gemkow if you have any questions about Fine Arts Week.
- Attention Juniors and Seniors! Upcoming college visits are listed below. If interested, please sign up in the CCRC at least one day prior to the visit to obtain a pass.
- Wednesday, August 31: Period 7, Columbia College
- Thursday, Sept. 1: Period 7, Ohio State University
- Interested in our economy!? Want to learn more about it?! The first Economics Club meeting will be in Mrs. Carl's room, A394, on Friday September 2nd at 7:10-7:35! Donuts will be provided! This yearwill be taking field trips throughout the year, learning how to invest, playing the stock market game, and there will be more fun opportunities every week!
- The Intramural Fitness Center will be open every day after school starting Monday August 29th. The fitness center will be open from 3:20 to 4:20pm.
- It's Not Old, It's Vintage! If you enjoy vintage movies, fashion, and design please stop by Room A334 Thursday after school to sign up for Vintage Club. Great opportunities for leadership positions! See Ms. Olson for more details.
- Come join Latina Dreamers! We work with each other to develop goals for the future, visit college campuses, and promote the culture, food, and traditions Latin culture has to offer. We will begin by planning National Hispanic Heritage Month. Come join us for a meeting on Wednesday August 31st after school in room A216 @ 3:15. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Mrs. Oliveros.
- Students this is a reminder that the York Tutor Center is open and available before, during, and after school from 6:45 am to 4:30 pm. The tutor center is a dedicated space in the east wing of the Learning Commons for students needing help with homework, learning news skills or reinforcing concepts already learned. As some students may be changing levels of classes, this is a great time to get extra help if needed. Please see the Learning Commons website to make an appointment or drop in as needed.
- SENIORS with the Off Campus privilege are dropped from ONLY 1 Study Hall. If they have an additional Study Hall, they must check into that Study Hall daily. In order to maintain the senior campus privilege, you must wear the lanyard at all times. Failure to do so will result in the privilege being revoked.
- Attention junior and senior girls. If you signed up for Powder Puff, and you are a member of a fall sports team... you will NOT be allowed to play in the game on September 21st. However, if you would still like to purchase a Powder Puff t-shirt, please turn in your money to the bookstore... but inform the bookstore staff that you will not be playing in the game.