- There will be a Polish Club meeting April 19 after school in room A120 and May 3 after school in room A120 until 4pm. For more information, students can reach out to Ms.Zalewska
- Attention Juniors, The Parking application for the 2017-2018 school year is now available on the York Website. Please fill out the application to be placed into the lottery for a parking space. Students who have had multiple parking violations this year may not be eligible for the lottery as well as future senior privileges. It is our expectation that our students to continue to respect all school rules as the school year comes to an end.
- Hey DUKES! Student Council is collecting NEW toiletry items for the Dupage PADS. Want to help out? Bring NEW toiletry items like shampoo, soap, and deodorant and place them in the donation boxes located around the school. More information on what to bring can be found on the flyers posted in the hallways!
- Students and Staff: Yoga Club meets every Thursday after school in the yoga room. Class is at 3:15-4:15. No prior experience needed--the classes are for all levels. Yoga mats/props are available. Wear comfortable clothing--locker rooms will be open. If you have any questions, contact Ms. Noble or Ms. Munn.
- Off Campus and Parking Privilege: Juniors, with 4th Quarter underway, it's time to start thinking about the Off Campus privilege for next fall. In order to obtain the Off-Campus privilege, students must earn a grade of 'C' or above in all classes, pay all fines and fees, have 0 unexcused absences, and have the parent permission form signed and turned into the Student Services Office. If you have questions, please contact your dean in Student Services.
- For those who would like an opportunity to enter the lottery for a parking pass, again you must meet all of the criteria for the off campus privilege in addition to respecting the parking policies as a junior.
- Need a study break? Join Amnesty International Club on Sunday May 7th for our spring benefit concert at Fitz's Spare Key. York bands will be playing to raise money for the United Nations Refugee Agency! Tickets will be sold May 1 - May 5 in the commons for $3 and tickets will also be sold at the door for $5. Come out and support York bands and refugees worldwide!
- The York Album Project will be celebrating the release of their third album Music As One with a concert on Saturday, May 6th, at Schuba’s Tavern in Chicago. Music will start at noon and will include several performances by the York musicians featured on the album. Tickets are $5 at the door. You can listen to Music As One on Spotify or on Bandcamp at yorkalbumproject.bandcamp.com. Copies of the double-album CD will be available at the release party for $10. Contact Mr. Gemkow if you have any questions.
- Attention Key Club Members! Due to AP testing, we will not be meeting for the next two weeks! Our next meeting will be Tuesday, May 16th. See you then!
- Calling all current freshmen, sophomores, and juniors! Have you always wanted to perform in pep rallies, parades, local events, or the football halftime show with the marching band? Now’s your chance to join the York color guard for next year’s season! Next Wednesday, May 3rd, join us for an informational meeting from 3:30-4:00 in the band room to learn what it's all about and to get more information. Hope to see you there!
- Did you purchase a WHITE t-shirt for animal behavior? Well this announcement is for you! We will be meeting Tuesday May 2nd in room A374 at 3:15 to tie-dye our shirts! Did you miss your chance to purchase a shirt? Don't worry! Bring a plain white shirt to tie-dye with us! Hope to see you there!