- Have you ever had your face painted or gotten a henna tattoo? What about trying your hand at the potters wheel, or painting a mural? If any of these interest you, stop on by the commons Tuesday February 28th during all lunch hours to participate in the Art Fair for Fine Arts Week. We will have numerous stations available for all students to try and experiment with different media. It's for one day only so be sure to stop on by!
- US History students - how are those research projects coming? Remember that the Learning Commons is staffed with faculty who are eager to help. Stop by the LC to get help from Ms. Drumm, Mr. Immel, or one of our Social Studies faculty supervisors.
- This year's Talent Show will be on Thursday Night, March 2nd from 7pm-10pm in the York Auditorium. The evening Talent Show will feature all of the student artists that performed during the daytime shows. Entrance is free for all District 205 students with a current ID, otherwise, tickets are available at the door for $10. All money raised goes towards bringing professional artists and performers to York for Fine Arts Week. Come out and enjoy the show!
- Boys Tennis Tryouts begin Monday beginning at 5:45 AM at Courts Plus, please have all your registration materials completed and turned in to the Athletic Office before then.
- Hey International Club members! Our next meeting is Wednesday, March 1st in room A392 right after-school. We're going to be having a meeting every Wednesday until International Fest so make sure you bring in your supplies on Wednesday. If you have any questions, check out our blog at yorkic.blogspot.com or ask Ms. Kaniyaly or Ms. McGowan. See you then!
- Hey fellow Dukes! Did you know that some of your male peers have the answer for solving the problems of the world? Did you also know that they have incredible talents and can be charming, confident, and elegant? Please come see these amazing junior and senior men compete for the coveted Mr. Duke title on Wednesday, March 1st in the auditorium. The audience vote will help determine the winner, so come enjoy this legendary experience and see who will win 2 free Prom tickets!
- Are you an animal lover? Join us for Animal Behavior Club! We will be meeting on Tuesday the 28th after school from 3:15 - 4:15 in room A374. We will be discussing volunteer opportunities and fundraising events! Everyone is welcome!
- Tomorrow the York Food Court is offering some new seasonal specials:
- Filet O’ Duke Fish Sandwich in the Grill Line -The combo meal includes a breaded whitefish patty with cheese, seasoned potato wedges, tartar sauce, fresh fruit, veggies and milk.
- Toasted Grilled Cheese Sandwich in the Fiesta Line – The combo meal includes grilled cheese, a small bowl of soup, fresh fruit, veggies and milk. Come by and enjoy this limited time special
- Tryouts for next school years Pom Dance Team will be held March 7th after school. Please register on the York athletic website for more details
- Congratulations to the York Math Team that won regionals last Saturday and advanced to state competition. The Dukes had 4 students win their grade level contest. Joe Gemini took 1st place for freshman, Siva Shreeder and Tim Baer tied for 1st for juniors, and Brian Strauch won the senior contest. As a team the Dukes took 1st place in 6 of the 10 competitions. Good luck at state Mathletes!
- Big congratulations go out to York Model United Nations. Nineteen York delegates participated in the Lyons Township Model United Nations Conference last Saturday. The York delegation had a highly successful conference. Peter and Grant Hartlage, Annie Grasse, Linnea Dierksheide, and Alex Norgle earned Honorable Mention Honors in their respective committees, while Cambria Khayat and Julia Johnson earned Best Delegate Honors in their Committee. Way to go York Model UN!
- Hey York! Do you paint, draw, or write? Are you a photographer? Do you have a desire to get any of your work published in York's exclusive literary magazine? Submit to Mirrors! We're York's literary club, and we're accepting submissions at tinyurl.com/yorkmirrors. Deadline for submissions is March 17th! We're excited to see what such a talented student body can do!"
- Attention Juniors and Seniors! Upcoming college visits are listed below. If interested, please sign up in the CCRC at least one day prior to the visit to obtain a pass.
- Thursday, March 2nd, 2nd Period – Truman State University