- York High School's Fine Arts Week is bringing The Walters to Fitz's Spare Keys in downtown Elmhurst for a fundraiser on Tuesday night, Feb 28th. The show is all ages and will feature opening sets by J-Mata and The Rented Mules. There will be a $10 cover at the door -- every cent goes to support York's Fine Arts Week. Doors will open at 6:30pm, show starts at 7pm.
- Have you ever had your face painted or gotten a henna tattoo? What about trying your hand at the potters wheel, or painting a mural? If any of these interest you, stop on by the commons Tuesday February 28th during all lunch hours to participate in the Art Fair for Fine Arts Week. We will have numerous stations available for all students to try and experiment with different media. It's for one day only so be sure to stop on by!
- Today’s Black History Month fact: In 2003, Rolling Stone magazine published their list of the top 100 greatest guitarists of all time. At the #1 spot was Jimi Hendrix. This primarily self-taught guitarist is widely considered to be one of the most influential musicians of the entire 20th century, and musicians today from nearly all genres often cite him as an influence. Be sure to listen in the hallways this week for Jimi’s music!
- Softball Tryouts will begin February 27 at 5 oclock in the fieldhouse. Please register for tryouts on the york softball homepage and have a physical on file with the nurse. Equipment needed is a bat and glove for tryouts. Any questions see Coach Munn.
- Anyone interested in trying out for Boys Volleyball this Spring should attend a short informational meeting on Monday, February 27th at 7:15 or 3:15 in A318. If you have any questions, or cannot attend, please contact Coach Dowdy
- Hey York ballers, did you know the former Willowbrook basketball coach Dennis Doyle was a longtime Elmhurst resident? Prior to coaching at Willowbrook for 15 years he also coached at St. Joe's High School and Cornell University. His children attended York high school and his wife works for District 205. Coach Doyle lost his battle to leukemia in 2011, and a 3 on 3 basketball tournament was created in his honor. On March 4th the tournament will be held at Addison Trail high school. If you're interested in forming a team and competing against other local high school students, see Ms. Turnbull in A320 for more information.
- This year's Talent Show will be on Thursday Night, March 2nd from 7pm-10pm in the York Auditorium. The evening Talent Show will feature all of the student artists that performed during the daytime shows. Entrance is free for all District 205 students with a current ID, otherwise, tickets are available at the door for $10. All money raised goes towards bringing professional artists and performers to York for Fine Arts Week. Come out and enjoy the show!
- Boys Tennis Tryouts begin Monday beginning at 5:45 AM at Courts Plus, please have all your registration materials completed and turned in to the Athletic Office before then.
- Did you know the York girls badminton team has won 12 straight sectional titles? Are you interested in joining this amazing team of girls? Badminton tryouts will be held next week starting Monday, February 27th at 3:30pm in the South Gym. If you plan to try out, please see Mrs. Wilke in the Athletic Office to make sure you have all your paperwork on file.
- Hey International Club members! Our next meeting is Wednesday, March 1st in room A392 right after-school. We're going to be having a meeting every Wednesday until International Fest so make sure you bring in your supplies on Wednesday. If you have any questions, check out our blog at yorkic.blogspot.com or ask Ms. Kaniyaly or Ms. McGowan. See you then!
- Hey fellow Dukes! Did you know that some of your male peers have the answer for solving the problems of the world? Did you also know that they have incredible talents and can be charming, confident, and elegant? Please come see these amazing junior and senior men compete for the coveted Mr. Duke title on Wednesday, March 1st in the auditorium. The audience vote will help determine the winner, so come enjoy this legendary experience and see who will win 2 free Prom tickets!
- Attention Juniors and Seniors! Upcoming college visits are listed below. If interested, please sign up in the CCRC at least one day prior to the visit to obtain a pass.
- Monday, February 27th, 7th Period – Eastern Illinois University
- Thursday, March 2nd, 2nd Period – Truman State University