Established by parents, administrators and faculty in the District 205 community, YSET was formed in the summer of 2011 to assist financially challenged families with course fees and extracurricular fees.
Thank you for your support as YSET closes another school year. This school year YSET awarded more than $35,000 in grants due to the generous support of York students, staff and parents, the District 205 Foundation, the District office, community members and organizations. It is impossible to mention all who generously gave their time and/or money to support this community initiative; yet we extend a heartfelt thank you on behalf of the students, families, community members that we serve.
- YSET applications will be available on-line and in person after the start of the school year beginning Sept 15. This process change is new.
- This delay in availability hopes to decrease the confusion to families regarding completing district financial aid applications and hopes to encourage more families to apply for and submit all paperwork for the district financial aid awards
- This delay in availability also hopes to smooth out the processing steps for YSET applications
- YSET money will continue to be transferred once a semester. This process change was instituted last year.
- The limited transfers helped ensure all information was researched and documented prior to transfers.
- Similar to last year, students are allowed to participate in activities while applications are being submitted, reviewed and funds are being allocated.
The YSET organization is evolving and changing and our continued success is a testament to your support and the values of our community. Together we all Succeed!