York Music Boosters 2015-2016 Board Members
Click on a name to email the York Music Boosters board member.
PRESIDENT: Carol Ruda
SECRETARY: Myles Toomey
TREASURER: Jennifer Irby
ESCROW TREASURER: Gail Mazzocco
MEMBERSHIP: Cindy Gornick
EMAIL LIST / WEBSITE: Marc Weinstein
BARNES & NOBLE: Linda Karlen Elliott
MUSIC PATRONS/VOLUNTEERS: Cindy Gornick
SCHOLARSHIPS: Diane Hund
HOSPITALITY / RECEPTIONS: Cindy Agliata
UNIFORMS: Kristi French
PERFORMING ARTS DEPARTMENT CHAIRPERSON: Mr. William Riddle
BAND DIRECTOR: Mr. Michael Pavlik
ORCHESTRA DIRECTOR: Mr. Ray Ostwald
CHORAL DIRECTOR: Ms. Rebecca Marianetti
- Run monthly meetings - develop an agenda and keep things on task at the meetings.
- Make sure that tasks done by the other Board members are handled in a timely manner and help out at events whenever needed.
- Give a speech at the Collage Concert
- Coordinate York Music Boosters representation, as needed, at York events (8th Grade Activity Night, York Book Sale days, etc.) or with other York organizations/committees.
- Keep things running smoothly and troubleshoot any problems which may arise during the school year.
- Take and distribute the monthly York Music Boosters meeting minutes.
- Maintain historical York Music Boosters records.
- Maintain bylaws.
- Responsible for all financial transactions (write all checks and deposit all funds) for York Music Boosters.
- Keep Excel records up-to-date.
- Prepare bi-monthly Cash Flow report and present York Music Boosters board meetings.
- Prepare annual Budget and update as necessary.
- Prepare annual Financial Transaction report for our tax preparer. Coordinate with tax preparer for our tax filing on 2-15.
- Track participation in annual band, choir and orchestra trips. Including picking up checks from York High School, preparing list of all participants, depositing checks in our bank, writing checks to all vendors, transfer funds between general and escrow accounts as necessary, coordinate with Escrow treasurer, communicate with trip organizers on a regular basis.
- Prepare for and participate in annual audit.
- Send checks to all scholarship recipients with appropriate congratulatory letter.
- Maintain the Student Account balance records.
- Make students aware of their balances prior to trip payments (via York Music Boosters website).
- Co-ordinate with Treasurer and Greens Sale to provide additions (Greens Sale) or subtractions (Trips) to Student Account balances.
- Roll forward Student Account balances and inform Treasurer of forfeited account balances to transfer into the General York Music Boosters fund.
* Please see individual committee page for committee chair responsibilities.