Dear Advanced Placement Students:
Welcome to AP Testing 2017! This introductory letter provides general information for mandatory meetings and upcoming deadlines for ordering AP Exams.
- MANDATORY Information Session: The week of March 6th AP Coordinators will visit all AP classes to introduce registration materials and answer questions about the sign up process for AP testing. Additionally, we will hold an informational session for students who had an AP class during 1st semester only, as well as those who are absent during the classroom visits. This session will be held on Wednesday, March 15th in the College Career Resource Center, at the beginning of all lunch periods.
- Registration Period for AP Tests: Monday, March 6th – Friday, March 17th at 11:59pm. Students must register online at www.TotalRegistration.net/AP/141805.
- AP Exam Fees:
- The fee for each AP exam is $97.00. York is excited to offer families the ability to pay their exam fees online at the time of registration. Please be sure to have your credit card or debit card available before beginning registration. Payments will not be taken at York. If you are not able to pay online by debit or credit, you must print an Exam Fee Payment Stub to be mailed with your payment. Instructions for mailing in payments are included on the fee payment stub.
- Late Fee: If you do not register for your test by March 17th, you can still register online from March 19th through March 23th for a $10.00 late fee PER EXAM (not per student).
- If full payment is not received by 11:59pm March 23th, you will NOT have your registration processed and exam(s) will not be ordered for you.
- After registering, if you change your mind about taking the exam(s), you can receive an $81.00 refund (per exam) through April 7th. Cancellations must be made online at www.TotalRegistration.net/AP/141805 and refunds will be issued via debit/credit or through the mail for payments that were sent into Total Registration. No refunds will be given after April 7th.
- Fee Reductions: Students who are eligible for free or reduced lunch will be contacted by one of the AP Coordinators to better understand the fee structure, after they indicate such information through Total Registration. Any student that needs help paying for their AP exams, yet does not qualify for free or reduced lunch, may apply for assistance through the York Student Enrichment Team (YSET). YSET applications are in Student Services. All YSET applications must be received by March 17th. Please note: regardless of any assistance provided, all students must pay a $15 deposit per exam through Total Registration website.
Also, late fees will apply if a student registers after March 17th.
- MANDATORY Meeting: All students registered for AP Exams must attend a mandatory meeting to complete AP Exam pre-administration documents. This meeting will be on Wednesday, April 19th (Student Late Arrival Day) at either 8:15 am OR 3:15 pm. Both meetings will be held in the cafeteria. If you are late to the 8:15 am meeting, you will be asked to attend after school. Plan ahead and choose a time around any before/after school commitments.
- TWO TESTS at the SAME TIME: If a student wants to take two tests that are scheduled at the same time, the system will accept the registration, however, one of the exams will become an ‘alternate exam.’ After the registration window closes, we will determine which tests will be given on the alternate testing date and notify you. Keep in mind that the alternate tests dates are May 17th, 18th, and 19th. College Board sets the dates and times for all testing including alternate tests. Alternate testing will only be approved for students that have two exams scheduled at the same time, have an approved school related conflict, or are ill on day of testing with documentation.
We look forward to working with you,
Ryan Walz and Lisa Julian